It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2007, 05:19 PM   #1
(male)

mosesport HB User
Always tired.

I apologize in advance if this should have gone in a different forum. Here's where I stand currently:

I deal with serious anxiety problems. It's almost debilitating most of the time. It's very hard for me to have a full time job because I'm ALWAYS anxious. I'm coming off a three year addiction to Xanax, and I've been recently taking Valerian Root to try to curb the withdrawal. My anxiety has completely taken over my life. It's almost ruined my relationship with my dream girl on many occasions. It gets in the way of EVERYTHING. It's always on my mind. I'm always anxious. To say the least, it's EXTREMELY exhausting, mentally and physically, having to deal with this all the time. It seems like the only time I'm not anxious is when I'm asleep. It seems as though sleep isn't even enough anymore. I'm ALWAYS tired. If given the option, I'd be willing to bet I could sleep 20 out of the 24 hours each day. I guess I'm not sure if this is ONLY anxiety-related or not. I realize you guys aren't doctors, and I don't expect anything like that, but I guess I'm just wondering if anyone else feels this same way, at least a little bit. I feel so alone in my life...so alone in my thoughts...so alone in this internal struggle. I think I need support now more than I've ever needed any. I'm sorry if this is all a jumble. I'm so anxious all the time, it's difficult to form coherent thoughts. My fiancee told me I stop breathing sometimes in my sleep, so I thought maybe it was sleep apnea, but she said that that stopped months ago and yet I'm still always tired. I just feel exhausted in my life. I'm not fun anymore because I never have enough energy to do anything. I feel like my life is falling apart because of anxiety. I feel hopeless and helpless. Does this ever go away? Will I ever be normal again? Will I ever have my life before anxiety back? Any insight would be much appreciated. Thanks.

.moses.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-10-2007, 05:32 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

j2006 HB User
Re: Always tired.

I know exactly how you feel. I do suffer from panic and anxiety - I just knew something else was going on because I never ever had refreshed sleep. After finding a new doctor he sent me to a sleep lab - I have sleep apnea. Get it checked out because not getting sleep will cause anxiety symptems.

We will be your support team. This is why we are all here!

Are you planning on talking to a therapist of some sort? Also - I use visualization tapes and it does help.

Old 09-10-2007, 05:44 PM   #3
(male)

mosesport HB User

Thank you very much for the reassurance. I would like to talk to a therapist, but my insurance hasn't kicked in yet at my job, so I'm basically stuck dealing with this on my own until that happens. I've never tried visualization tapes. I've always been bad at seeing things in my head. Ever since I was young actually. It's hard for me to form solid images in my mind. I think I'm also adhd...that could be why. I've been meaning to get into a sleep clinic, but again, the whole insurance thing makes it a bit difficult. Thank you for your reply. I mean that.

.moses.

Old 09-10-2007, 06:10 PM   #4
(female)

tetianainto HB User

Hi,

When I've gone through periods of extreme anxiety, I've been overwhelmed with fatigue. Our bodies are so on edge all the time, that we have no idea how much energy we use up. I was exhausted all the time and felt like I was moving through a thick fog....

Check out the sleep apnea, but keep in mind that anxiety is very tiring....

best, c

Old 09-10-2007, 06:17 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

j2006 HB User

Can you try to get to a free clinic somewhere?

It took me a very long time to get used to the tapes. Sometimes I would last 5 min. But I eventually got used to it.

Chamile(sp) works wonders for relaxing

Old 09-11-2007, 10:41 AM   #6
(male)

mosesport HB User

Chamomile tea? I've heard it does wonders for stress. Unfortunately, the only free clinic here in utah is open like 4 hours a day right during the middle of the hours I work, and they aren't open weekends, so that's pretty much not an option. I guess I'll just have to be patient and wait for insurance.

.moses.

Old 09-11-2007, 02:08 PM   #7
(female)

geminio HB User

I am just like you and suffering from the exact same thing. I've always had depression and anxiety. I am always anxious and rarely can leave the house. I've been this way since Dec. 2006. I just want to get so I can function.
Dianne

Last edited by moderator2; 09-11-2007 at 02:13 PM.

Old 09-11-2007, 02:49 PM   #8
(male)

mosesport HB User

It almost feels like I'm never going to be normal. I've been trying to stay positive but it's so hard lately. Going through these threads and seeing that I'm not entirely alone has helped me out greatly. I very much appreciate everyone's input. It helps me get through the day.

Closed Thread