It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2007, 07:14 PM   #1
(female)

Candice_73644 HB User
Hello, new Anxiety Member!

My name is Candice, and i am 23 years old. I have been diagnosed with, ppd, bi-polar type 1, gad, social phobia, and now panic disorder. I just started having panic attacks about 3 weeks ago, i was driving and had to call the ambulance 2 on the way to where i was going. My grandma was dying and we got called down to tell her goodbye for the last time. Since that day, it seems like i have had atleast 2 or 3 panic attacks a day, i went to the emergency room again, and my bp was 154/130 and my pulse was 120, it scared me to death. I constantly fear of dying, or losing control, or like i am going crazy, no one in my family knows anything about this and tells me just to get over it. I have three kids under 4 and have a very good marriage. I don't understand why i have these, but i fear doom, and death is near. I hate it, but i keep on telling myself that i am fine and nothing is going to happen, and it gets better temporarily. I am taking xanax 0.5 mg three times daily, and i still have these attacks. I keep on thinking that something is going to happen to me, and tomorrow i am making an appointment with a family dr. to get a physical, i feel like i am turning into a hypochondriac. I was on Lamictal, klonapin, and zoloft, it seemed all to make me worse, so i took myself off of these, and i'm feeling a little better. I feel like i walk around in a daze all day and try to stay busy, but the more i do, the worse i feel. Am i the only one that feels like this, is this what panic disorder is???? What has worked for everyone, and how can i get over this? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much, Candice.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-10-2007, 09:03 PM   #2
(female)

JAILYN12 HB User
Re: Hello, new Anxiety Member!

Have you thought about seeing a therapist and psychiatrict to monitor your meds. A therapist can help you learn more about your panic attacks and how to deal with them. It helped me a lot.

Old 09-11-2007, 12:18 PM   #3
(male)

mosesport HB User
Re: Hello, new Anxiety Member!

It sounds like you've got a lot on your plate Candice. I think taking some time for yourself would benefit you greatly. Maybe try yoga or meditation or sitting in a hot tub for a half hour every night if you have access to one. It sounds like your stress levels are through the roof. A lot of people just expect that because they're on a medication, it's going to work. This isn't always the case. Medications work differently for everyone, and not only that, but I've been on the same medication two different times in my life, and it's effected me differently each time, so the same medication may not even work the same as it did before when returning to it. I agree that a therapist could help immensely. Keep your head up. It sounds like you have a lot going for you, it's just all hitting you at once. Keep posting on this forum with updates. We're all here to help.

.moses.

Closed Thread