It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2007, 02:44 AM   #1
Inactive
(male)

Lutheran122 HB User
Buspar

My doctor put me on this medicine. I have a ton of anxiety , to the point where i get shivers inside my body constantly and chest pains when i have to deal with people. I have some medical issues which i harp on so bad that i cant live my life at all...i obsess over these issues and the doctor told me this may help me along with the xanax i take once a day. Has anyone here tried this medicine?

Old 09-11-2007, 05:07 AM   #2
(male)

dallen4 HB User
Re: Buspar

I was prescribed Buspar by my family doc and it made me have anxiety so bad that I couldn't leave my house. The day I quit taking it, my anxiety calmed down a lot. I started a combination of 2 meds that have worked great for me. One is called Celexa which is a mild but really effective med. That alone is enough for me to feel good. I recently started taking Klonipin(spelling might be wrong) but that with the Celexa has really worked great. I still can't do much..but the breathing is better and the bad feeling isn't as bad. My doc is still working on it but I am feeling a little better. Let me know how you feel

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-12-2007, 03:17 AM   #3
Inactive
(male)

Lutheran122 HB User

I am hoping this drug works for me , but it stinks reading that it actually made you more nervous. I abused drugs for quite a while and I am positive I am paying the price for that now with my health..even though most of my tests come back as normal i still am positive that my health is terrible..i cant imagine i am making most of this up in my head or that my anxiety is making me feel so bad. Most of the time i just am sitting around watching tv or something and not obsessing and i end up with all sorts of chest pains , head pressure and weird feelings in both my chest and head. It really is depressing.

Old 09-13-2007, 01:10 AM   #4
Inactive
(male)

Lutheran122 HB User

Does anyone have any successful buspar experiences? I am now experiencing night sweats , is it this drug?

Old 09-13-2007, 07:05 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

tnmomofive HB User

hello
I just got prescribed this med too yesturday.I have taken one pill so far I was told to half a pill a day take one half early and one half later in day.I read online they take about one to two weeks to kick in.I have felt some side effects already some ok some not so ok.I am gonna try and stick it out though see how it works.I do think the night sweats could be the pill because after taking my first half yesturday about 2 hours later I was home air conditioner running and I was vacuuming...well I started feeling kind of ill and sweaty.Alot of these medications will produce effects like this in people and some even give you more anxiety then before for the first few weeks or so and then it fades and sometimes you feel tons better.I would mention it to the doctor but maybe give the meds a chance...they typically all have some side effects.

Old 09-14-2007, 03:46 PM   #6
(female)

xLilRedx HB User

I am on 30mg of Buspar I have been taking it for about 6 weeks or so. I havent got any sweats or anything....maybe you are having a panic attack? I have noticed that when I wake up I shake alot kind of like I am having a seizure but I am obviously not because I am aware of everything. When I ifrst started taking it made me very drowsy and I felt like I was trippin on shrooms or somethign because everything seemed all distorted and I kept seeing flashes of light and stuff. These side effects seem to be subsiding except the shaking in the morning my Psych told me its probably a panic attack in the morning...i am not too sure though. I think that the buspar is helping...but then again i dont know. It's like I feel good for a week and then I am freaking out again. But I also have been diagnosed with bipolar II and PTSD. I think you should stick it out and see if it helps...it does take a few weeks to kick in, if the side effects are bothering talk to your Psych although mine really deisregarded everything i say..including my request for xanax. So anyways good luck and i hope it works out for you.

Old 09-20-2007, 05:41 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

marian100 HB User

I have been on buspar for 3 years. Started at 15mg 2x a day and after 2 years it was increased to 30mg 2x a day. I am doing well as far as it handling most of my anxiety. Very few if any side effects. None that have been mentioned . Godbless

Old 09-21-2007, 11:32 AM   #8
Veteran
(male)

SadFreek HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by marian100 View Post
I have been on buspar for 3 years. Started at 15mg 2x a day and after 2 years it was increased to 30mg 2x a day. I am doing well as far as it handling most of my anxiety. Very few if any side effects. None that have been mentioned . Godbless

That is the only post I have ever read or heard of that Buspar worked even a little bit! So congrats!!

I tried it and it did not do anything at all.

Old 09-23-2007, 04:19 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

marian100 HB User

I read somewhere that buspar works better if there has not been prior use of benzo's. So if you are used to taking benzo's buspar might not work for you. Godbless

Old 09-28-2007, 03:31 AM   #10
Inactive
(male)

Lutheran122 HB User

I had to stop taking it , it made my head feel so weird I couldn't function..my anxiety went through the roof..I am in so much body pain right now with no answers and I just don't know what to do anymore.

Closed Thread