It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2007, 10:20 AM   #1
(female)

stimi3ak HB User
Question PLEASE HELP! Does anyone else have this?

I can go months without any anxiety symptoms but since July I have been having shortness of breath and panic attacks daily. If I am not having a panic attack I have the classic anxiety symptoms: arm/finger tingling, dizziness, shortness of breath, unexplained sudden but overwhelming fear, head rush & chest pressure.

I think the worst symptom of all is how often my heart speeds up. I can be sitting still when all of a sudden I think about things without trying to and I can feel my heart rate just take off. I take my pulse at it is about 130 WHILE I'M SITTING STILL!! I've been to the cardiologists and allergists/asthmatic doctors only to be told I am healthy. So I know those are not my issues.

Does anyone else get sudden heart rate increases with their anxiety? Can anyone else feel their heart beating? And how tired is everyone else??? I'm always tired from all this anxiety.

Old 09-11-2007, 11:31 AM   #2
(female)

springgodess HB User
Re: PLEASE HELP! Does anyone else have this?

Stimi,

It's quite natural for your heart rate to increase as a result of your thoughts. In fact, and I'm sure you've heard this before, the degree to which the thoughts can influence your bodily activities, is, shall we say, mind blowing. He,he. But it is true, the mind and the body are deeply connected and take turns influencing one another to the point where even the best scientists cannot tell what caused what. So yes, when you are anxious your heart rate goes up, along with your feelings of fear and nervousness, along with a hard-to-define feeling of being very uncomfortable in your own skin. And yes, anxiety makes you very tired, mostly mentally (it's where most of the chaotic action takes place) because if you did more physical exercise you would find out it would balance out the mental part, as in help with it. Unfortunately exercise and other things are not replacements for medication and treatement, which is what you need in case your life is seriously affected by anxiety (as in you keep thinking about it, you get more than one episode per week, that sort of thing). If you're having them daily, perhaps you should consider medication.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-11-2007, 12:10 PM   #3
(male)

mosesport HB User
Re: PLEASE HELP! Does anyone else have this?

I'm not sure if you read my post stimi3ak, but it's called 'Always tired' and I have symptoms almost IDENTICAL to what you described. My heart will suddenly race without warning and I'll get really claustrophobic. I feel my heart beat constantly. Oh how I wish I could go back to the days where I just floated by in my physical self and didn't pay attention to EVERY LITTLE THING that my body did. It's almost an obsession. I worry about every tiny thing my body does and it's mentally enhausting. Just know that you're not alone. All of this is something we've all been afflicted with for some reason, and all we can really do is deal with it one day at a time, even though days can seem so long and tiring from dealing with all this anxiety. I'm confident we'll all be fine some day...I just wish I knew when. If you ever need to talk, there's lots of people here including me that are here to help.

.moses.

Closed Thread