It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2007, 02:06 PM   #1
(male)

drummer22 HB User
Social Anxiety Disorder

For most of my high school life and now college, I've been trying to deal with my social anxiety disorder with little success. I always end up being the laughing guy who doesn't say a word; I guess I'm just fearful of saying something stupid and having everyone laugh at me. It has put me through so much unnecessary anguish and has stopped me from making friends I so wanted to make.

Does anyone have any advice? A mantra that could be said?

Thanks.

Old 09-13-2007, 11:27 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Therag HB User
Re: Social Anxiety Disorder

Hi, I have the same problem. I'm 26 and I have no close friends because of my problems with social anxiety. Have you been to a dr?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-13-2007, 11:36 AM   #3
(female)

jlewan01 HB User

Have you ever tried any of the anxiety workbooks that they have! You can buy them many places I think even Amazon has them, I have found them to be very helpful for me! You may want to try something like that or even CBT therapy!

Old 09-13-2007, 11:44 AM   #4
(female)

jlewan01 HB User

I also have a lot of social anxiety issues!! I even let did homeschooling back in highschool for a couple of years because of it! But with a lot of work I was able to go back and actually graduated early went to college and got my BA! It's a lot of work but I think what helped me the most was educating myself, CBT therapy,medication at times and most of all realizing that I was not alone and many people struggle with the same issues! I also dont have many friends but the few I do have and my family I wouldnt trade for the world and that whats important! Stay positive!!!

Last edited by ms_mod; 09-13-2007 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Removed unnecessary quote. Ms_Mod

Old 09-15-2007, 10:22 AM   #5
(female)

xLilRedx HB User

You are not alone. You would be suprised at how many people out there have anxiety problems. Maybe if you found a freind who has problems with anxiety too and that way you would feel more comfortable talking to people. I have problems talking to people too. I start twitching and stuttering like an idiot and once i get laughing i cant stop.. i have to leave the room its really embarrsing.lol

Closed Thread