It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2007, 06:31 PM   #1
(male)

MattyO87 HB User
Has anyone gotten any good results from Paxil????!!!!

can anybody tell me that they did, its so hard to find any positive on the internet now a days, if anybody can comfort me and let me know that it's ok to take this drug, let me know. I've been battling generalized anxiety disorder with agorophobia, along with OCD for about a year now, its really starting to get to me and my doctor told me to take 10 mg of paxil daily, to start me out, its the first time in my life i've been medicated for this disorder, but I'm afraid to take it after all this bad stuff I've read about it, anybody got any feedback?

Old 09-13-2007, 03:03 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

j2006 HB User
Re: Has anyone gotten any good results from Paxil????!!!!

I have never tried this medication. But I worked with a girl who has been on it for years. She loves it. She has GAD, panic and OCD.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-13-2007, 07:22 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

tnmomofive HB User

I think if you are this nervous about taking this med maybe ask your doctor for a different one? I took Paxil for two years at ,I believe,20 mg.Now I can say for sure Paxil helped me enourmousley with the anxiety.My problem arouse when trying to get off Paxil it was pretty hard I felt really bad with withdrawel for a while but then I was fine.These meds can effect different people differently.You pretty much have to weigh the benifits to the cost,,,they all tend to have some side effect (s) for me Paxil like I said helped majorally but I was fatigued often.While others have no ill effects.So really it is up to you if you are not comfortable with it see if your doctor is willing to let ya try something else.

Old 09-18-2007, 02:51 PM   #4
(male)

colby88 HB User

10 mgs. is a very low dose. However, if you are just starting out then see how it goes and up the dosage with your Dr.'s advice. Most likely you will need at least 20 mgs. a day to start to feel better. Don't be afraid to try it. It's easy to get scared from reading so much on the internet but everyone responds differently. Most likely it will help you and you'll start to feel better. If not, then work with your Dr. and try something else. Most people do just fine on it. Good luck!

Last edited by ms_mod; 09-18-2007 at 02:58 PM. Reason: Removed unnecessary quote. Ms_Mod

Old 09-18-2007, 06:49 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

hotdam HB User

I have been taking paxil since January 07, it has made a huge difference with my anxiety and panic disorder, I feel normal again like I use to before I was having issues. doc put me on 10mgs for one week than increased dose to 20mg and I still only take 20mgs. no side effects for me.

Old 09-20-2007, 05:04 PM   #6
(female)

monkey619 HB User
Wink Re: Has anyone gotten any good results from Paxil????!!!!

I have been on it for 3 years and it has saved my life! I had bad anxiety and was so sick and depressed that I could not function. I dealt with the side effects in the beginning but after a month I felt amazing and now that I am trying to get pregnant I have to switch to Prozac. I am scared since Paxil was perfect for me, but it is BAD to take during pregnancy.. good luck!

Closed Thread