It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2007, 06:58 PM   #1
(female)

Pink28 HB User
Unhappy Did anxiety cause my miscarriage...help...

I have been suffering from anxiety and adjustment disorder for most of my life now although I am not on meds. I worry about everything and just lately I start to panic about things... the old fight or flight feeling... like driving to work or going on public transport...i worry I may have to go to the bathroom and start to panic... making my stomach cramps worse of course!

After trying to conceive for a few months I found out I was pregnant on Thursday. Even though it was what i wanted I immediately felt anxious about the change and questioning if this was what I wanted. (which is stupid because im 33 and happily married) I got so nervous and panicky telling people the next day... just anxious like usual... then on Sunday without warning I started to miscarry i think it was because i was so panicky on Friday....I am so sad, i can't stop crying and I feel so guilty... i feel I have caused my miscarriage...and now i am so terrified of trying again.... has anyone with anxiety or panic disorders gone on to have healthy babies.. please give me some hope... i know after a week i would have calmed down once i 'adjusted' to the new situation... im so so sad.... any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you so much for reading....

Lisa

Old 09-14-2007, 03:32 PM   #2
(female)

deenie HB User
No, I had 3 m/c's and lots of anxiety and now 2 kids

Please don't blame yourself. I went through infertility treatment for 4+ years. I was over 35 and had one m/c after another. Going through treatment is one of the most stressful things I've ever done - shots, tests, surgeries, etc. Horrible. When I finally got pg with DS, I was a wreck. I couldn't imagine a more anxious expectant mom. My DS is just fine. I even went on to have a DD 15 mos after delivering my first. The fact is...m/c is very common. Please take the time for yourself to honor the memory of your baby and do whatever you need to get through this time. You didn't cause this and you couldn't stop it from happening. Early m/c's like this are usually never preventable.

Getting married, pregnant, taking a new job - these are all things that can cause us to question the changes that will take place...especially those of us who might overthink situations. I used to coach people who went through infertility and/or pregnancy loss and your feelings are normal. Please be easy on yourself. It was not your fault. (((Hugs)))

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-16-2007, 04:35 PM   #3
(female)

Pink28 HB User
Re: Did anxiety cause my miscarriage...help...

deenie,

Thank you so very much! Your words have come at a time when I have needed them so much. It's been a really rough couple of weeks and i don't want to get to the point where i am so scared to try again for a baby....
I carry so much guilt that my worry and anxiety caused our loss... and the added anxiety of a m/c happening again will make my next pregnancy even more worrisome!!

I take so much inspiration from your story...

I appreciate you taking the time to read and reply to me... you are an angel!

Lisa x

Old 09-17-2007, 07:03 AM   #4
(female)

deenie HB User
No angel here

just someone who's been down that road many times. Hang in there and I wish you the best of luck...

Old 09-18-2007, 06:56 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

tnmomofive HB User
Re: Did anxiety cause my miscarriage...help...

Pink
I am sorry for your loss but Please do not do this to yourself we can all worry and wonder and feel guilty about the ...what ifs...but what good will it do? I also had a misscarriage several years ago.I thought what if I caused this by anxiety..or the time I tripped and fell in my laundry room.The thing is these things unfortunately sometimes just happen and nothing we have done or not done would of changed things.For encouragement ..I have birthed 5 kids 4 of them after I was diagnosed with Generalized anxiety disorder.Best wishes for you in the future.

Last edited by tnmomofive; 09-18-2007 at 06:59 AM.

Closed Thread