It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2007, 11:33 AM   #1
(female)

jlewan01 HB User
Smile Everyone Just Remember!!!

I have have bad anxiety problems since I have been a small child!! It's runs in my family!! So I have been dealing with it for about 24 years now !! Yuck With anxiety it always seems to be one step forward and two steps back!(but thats ok!!!!) It's takes a while to get there and we all know it's hard work but it can be done! My Dr. is always reminding me it's like trying to reprogram the way that you brain reacts to something and in time it will get better and you will look back at how far you have come! There is no quick fix and medication is only part of the recovery!! I know for me right now since I have been Diag with Lyme disease in Feb of this year my anxiety has gotten sooo bad! I'm now in the process of trying to get myself to go out into stores which is something I had little probelms with before! Many of the things I had overcome I have to reteach myself it's frustrating but I know I can do it! Just the thought of going to the grocery store makes me stick to my stomach! Oh the Mall I love to go there but right now you couldnt pay me, but I know I will again soon be able to! Though I found if you go in stay a few minutes and leave then each time it gets easier and easier and you body learns to react the way it should when it realizes that there is no danger and the anxiety begins to lessen! It's hard work but the brain is a very powerful thing and just focuing on the fact that you WILL get better and you are NOT STUCK this way will help a great deal! I have found being negative is the worst thing you can do and just taking things one day at a time and celebrating the small victories that we do each day wether going out to the mail box or driving some where on our own are big accomplishments! Of course to others that dont have anxiety problems they are just the norm but just remeber those baby steps will lead to less and less anxiety!! Sorry to make this so long I just want to give everyone a little encouragement! I know I often times need it and it's hard to those who dont have anxiety issues to understand what we are going through!! My Mom has always told me that struggling with anxiety and depression takes a strong person, and those people go on to help others and make the world a much better place because they are compassionate and understanding people and are so willing to help those that need it!!
Hope this makes everyone have a little more hope!!!

-Jess

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-14-2007, 07:43 AM   #2
(male)

SteveGn HB User
Re: Everyone Just Remember!!!

Jess, You have an excellent attitude, along with an excellent post. I hope others take it to heart. Good job, Steve

Closed Thread