It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2007, 01:20 PM   #1
(male)

mosesport HB User
Disconnected

Does anyone here ever feel like they're not themselves anymore when really anxious...like you know you're looking out of your own eyes, but you don't feel like you're connected to your own body? I feel like that right now. I feel like that most of the time. I feel so helpless. Does anyone ever hope that they'd just pass out or fall over unconscious so they'd be taken to a hospital and maybe they'll figure out what's wrong? Does anyone feel like dying is a better option than having to deal with this all day every day?

Old 09-13-2007, 01:58 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

j2006 HB User
Re: Disconnected

I know what you mean. It is called derealization and or depresonalization. It is awful.

I actually feel like I am in a dream most of the time. Brain fog is waht I call it.

I was told by a therapist to look at your hands when you get those sensations. This ufortunatly does not work for me as I have it all of the time.

Have you tried any medications? Visualization or mediation excersizes?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-13-2007, 02:00 PM   #3
(female)

sampsonallie HB User

i feel like this all the time i thought i was the only one when i went to see my doctor i told her i had this feeling everyday and sometimes i get so disoriented that ,i feel as if my head is so stuffed up almost like i am a ghost or something it really freaks me out so i have panic attacks all the the time and when i get really bad i feels like I'm having a heart attack and almost passes out or do pass out(really embarrassing)so my doctor has me on Prozac(20mg) cause my anxiety/panic disorder has given me depression (and a little bit of ocd)and on I'm xanax(.25) for the panic attacks cause I'm always getting them especially at night time ,so I'm sorry for babbling on i just wanted to let you know i feel for you and now I'm not alone in feeling like this maybe one off theses days we'll feel normal.

Last edited by ms_mod; 09-13-2007 at 02:43 PM. Reason: Removed unnecessary quote. Ms_Mod

Old 09-14-2007, 02:46 PM   #4
(male)

mosesport HB User

It's nice knowing I'm not the only one. It happens so much, I feel like I don't eve n know who I am anymore. I spend so much time depersonalized, I don't know if it's possible to be me again...whoever that is. Sigh.

Old 09-14-2007, 02:50 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

j2006 HB User

Habe you tried taking any medications for it?

Old 09-14-2007, 03:36 PM   #6
(male)

mosesport HB User

I've been trying to get off of Xanax for almost a year. Every time I almost make it, I'm forced to do things that aggrivate my anxiety, so I get back on. I'm going to try to get on Celexa tomorrow.

Old 09-14-2007, 04:53 PM   #7
(female)

babygirl35565 HB User

I have felt like this after having my first panic attack and i really felt disconnected from my family and my own kids. I know what you mean by feeling like you are in your own body and i felt at the time like my life was not real. It was really scary and weird. I hate the feelings of anxiety but it looks like it isn't gonna go away so we just have to find a way to handle it and deal with it.

Old 09-14-2007, 06:00 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

j2006 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesport View Post
I've been trying to get off of Xanax for almost a year. Every time I almost make it, I'm forced to do things that aggrivate my anxiety, so I get back on. I'm going to try to get on Celexa tomorrow.
I took Celexa for a while. I took it for a few reasons. One reason was to come off of Klonopin that I was on daily for a few months.

I now just use klonopin as needed.

Celexa is a good med

Closed Thread