It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2007, 09:17 PM   #1
Veteran
(male)

SadFreek HB User
Anyone have really bad anxiety on little sleep?

Like above, does anyone here have such bad anxiety with lack of sleep or little sleep? I have trouble handling my emotions and have panic attacks and very bad anxiety when I get like 4 hours, 5, 6, 7, whatever. Its horrible.

Anyone have this problem?

Old 09-14-2007, 01:32 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

j2006 HB User
Re: Anyone have really bad anxiety on little sleep?

Lack of or too little sleep can cause panic and anxiety.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-14-2007, 03:57 PM   #3
(female)

xLilRedx HB User

I actually feel better when I dont sleep because I am so tired the next day it calms me down..i only sleep for like 6 hrs a night is that bad?

Old 09-16-2007, 09:42 PM   #4
(male)

TryNotFailNot HB User

#1 reason of increased anxiety in myself, lack of sleep

When under rested I find it hard to incorporate the correct way of thinking

gl

Old 09-17-2007, 09:04 AM   #5
(male)

mosesport HB User

I'm ALWAYS more anxious when I get little sleep, but I think it's because when I'm tired, I'm loopy, and that feeling makes me panicky because I don't feel like I'm in control and I start freaking out...like now. Sigh.

Old 09-17-2007, 01:07 PM   #6
(female)

springgodess HB User

I definitely have this problem, and actually my first panic attack occured during such a situation that I was up all night long and could not fall asleep until early in the morning. But right before I fell asleep I felt really awake and energized and my heart beat increased and all of a sudden this feeling came over me that I would have a heart attack, and also I found it very unusual that I would feel so energized and anxious, although I was extremely tired. So yes, I definitely see the link between tiredness/exhaustion and getting panick attacks, mostly beacuse I think it lowers your immune system defenses (I know that's true in my case), which makes you vulnerable to many other things. I can tell you in my case the situation escalated to almost unbearable conditions, where I would be so scarred that I couldn't fall asleep or that I would have a heart attack while asleep, and all sorts of irrational fears. My fears would keep me awake for long periods of time, as I would be afraid to go to sleep, and that made me more tired and paranoid in turn, and the only way I finally got through that period in my life was by taking sleeping pills and then when I realized it wasn't just a sleeping problem, but a psychological issue as well, I got on an anti depressant and also took a mild tranquilizer for my anxiety attacks. Good luck.

Closed Thread