It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2007, 11:58 PM   #1
(male)

spurs279 HB User
Does physical fitness make you dizzy or activate your anxiety?

I feel like every time I do something physical I get dizzy. For example I was mowing the lawn recently and about 20 minutes into it, I had to stop because I became so dizzy/faint. Also today I took my dogs for a long walk and as soon as I got home I started feeling lightheaded/weak. I also get dizzy about 75% of the time when I stand up. Other than this, my symptoms are normal for anxiety. I've also gotten EKG, Holter monitor, and some other tests, but not a stress test. I'm getting one in a couple weeks but was wondering if anyone else has experienced this. I don't know if it's related but the in the last week or two, there have been multiple times when I've woken up feeling weak and almost feverish. Do you have any idea what it is? Thanks for any help.

Last edited by spurs279; 09-15-2007 at 12:00 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-15-2007, 06:28 AM   #2
(male)

spurs279 HB User
Re: Does physical fitness make you dizzy or activate your anxiety?

Thanks for the reply. The problem is that I don't feel "tired", it's more of a dizzy/lightheaded feeling. Before my anxiety started I used to be able run pretty far and never had problems doing anything physical. Now I can hardly do anything.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-15-2007, 06:51 AM   #3
(male)

Pickles Pig HB User

Hello, I replied to your thread about sleep and mentioned exercise. Sorry to hear your having problems with it. I can tell you that my experience was similar to yours. I have panic disorder with terrible anticipatory anxiety. I too was referred to a cardiologist for a work up which included wearing an event monitor for four weeks. After everything came back OK, I began a moderate cardio workout schedule. In the beginning I noticed the exercise was causing panic symptoms! I stuck it out and as time went on those symptoms subsided. Now I can spend 1 hour doing moderate cardio with no rest, something I never thought possible when I first started. Please realize that with my post I am only able to share with you my experience, I have no authority whatsoever to give you advice. Good luck to you!

Old 09-15-2007, 02:03 PM   #4
(male)

spurs279 HB User

Thanks for the reply. I'm hoping that these symptoms are just anxiety. I'm just going to lay low until I get my stress test in a couple weeks.

Closed Thread