It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2007, 12:21 AM   #1
(female)

ashleypoppin HB User
Unhappy Please help me. I cant take much more of this!!

So I am a 19 year old girl. Currently working full time, and will be starting school back up in the spring semester.

I have been a healthy happy kid for most of my life. Except for the seizures I had when I was about 5 till 10. I just grew out of them, and I took Tegertol medicine for them for 5 years.

Ever since the end of my junior year of high school, i started to experience these weird "attacks." I would get very dizzy, light headed, short of breath, hyperventalating, my heart would pound either really fast, or really hard. I would get warm, and everything seemed to be distant or i felt like I couldn't function.

I went to the doctor and was diagnosed with Anxiety Attacks/ Panic Attacks. I wasn't put on medication, because I didn't want to be, and my doctor didn' want to have to. I practiced calming myself down, and I got them from time to time through out the end of my senior year, going into my first year in college. But for a while after the first semester of college, they seemed to be okay, i didnt get them that often.

However, with in the last about 5 months I want to say. I have been having these really bad symptoms, and I have been to the emergency room twice, and I just don't feel right. The doctor doesn't really know what's wrong but she says she thinks it could just be this anxiety. I literally get this when I am perfectly fine and there is nothing stressful going on.

I know this isn't anxiety, I know there are hypocondrics out there, that look for a reason to be sick, and that's not me at all! I want to live my life every day to the fullest, and be back out doing the things my friends do having a good time and being happy.

BUT LATLEY....

I have been SOOOO FATIGUED. My body (back, neck, shoulders) are so stiff and sore. I have felt so weak in the last 2 months. It seems to be that I get really weak before I eat, and after I eat I feel paralyzed, I feel like my legs and arms are lead. I always seem to be tired. I can't walk up the stairs without my heart pounding so hard it feels like its pounding out of my chest.

I was sick in January and April with the flu and strep. And again this last week with a sinis infection and strep. I took a moxicillian for a week. It kinda went away. And now my throat hurts really bad again, and I still have some signs of the sinus infection.

Can you please help me out here? I'm so scared an confused about what's going on.

Last edited by ms_mod; 09-15-2007 at 07:18 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-15-2007, 07:20 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Worrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB User
Re: Please help me. I cant take much more of this!!

Firstly antibiotics can make you feel extremely tired and run down. the fact your getting strep throats is probably because you ARE run down. Eat healthy, regularly take some form of exercise, and take vitimins too.

Your body is under a lot of stress from your lifestyle and studying, so its crying out HELP ME !!

Time to listen, get some advise from your Doctor and if he/she deems to need some med help , take it to get you through the worst part of this.

You will be fine but you need to take stack, and look after yourself, as your body is definetely telling you something. Take care. Keep us posted

Old 09-15-2007, 07:29 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

j2006 HB User

I would first make sure that you get an EEG to make sure that your seizures are not present.

It does sound like panic to me.

I have both seizures and panic -

Old 09-15-2007, 09:55 AM   #4
(female)

xLilRedx HB User

My sister has had seizures and fainting episodes. They could not find anything wrong with her neurologically, physically or with her blood sugar. They had her on a heart monitor for awhile. They diagnosed her with vasovagosyncope. Something to do with the vegas nerve in her body...if she doesnt eat enough sleep enough or do what her body tells her she faints. I dont know if this could be related to your symptoms but its an idea. The dizzines and ect. does sound like a panic attack.. but sometimes these things can be related to low blood sugar and things like that. I would have your blood sugar tested and def. an EEG. Maybe if you tried some anxiety meds you could actually see if the problem really is a panic disorder.. meds arent that scary i know the thought of being on meds for the rest of your life really isnt pleasant but i would give it a try.

Old 09-15-2007, 09:59 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

FLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB User

And feeling ill can cause panic without knowing it and this just adds to symptoms. Have you been checked for anemia because it causes these symptoms too. A symptom of anemia is panic. Just a thought. Take care. FLFLOWERGIRL

Old 09-16-2007, 08:18 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

yvette777 HB User

Anxiety can have several physical effects. Panic attacks can to. Lots of people go to the ER thinking they are having a heart attack.

I learned to get through panic attacks. But the daily anxiety is harder for me.

Old 09-16-2007, 10:15 PM   #7
(male)

TryNotFailNot HB User

Ashley you are ok and I can tell you there is nothing seriously wrong with you.

Ease your mind get a check up, but I know how thats gonna turn out.

No tumors, rare blood diseases, or any other serious aliments. I promise you.

Everyone of us has gone through this thinking. I myself forget and repeat this process over and over, LOL.

My first two years of my wonderful jouney with anxiety/anxiety attacks, I was convinced I had a brain tumor.

-gl

Closed Thread