It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2007, 05:06 PM   #1
(female)

jaimie1977 HB User
Needed: Wisconsin doctor - mine is leaving after 6 years

Hi, my anxiety doctor that I have seen for 6 years is leaving in 30 days, I got the letter yesterday. I have bad panic attacks, PTSD and take 6mg's of alprazolam/xanax a day for it.
Now she is leaving, I need a new doctor and have no clue how to go about getting one before she leaves. I would like to stay on the same regimine that I have been on, it works for me...but how do I tell that to another doctor. I have not had to doctor shop in years.
I take the medicine to calm me down and without it, I am freaked out - and now with the info that my doc is leaving has put me in a furry about how am I going to get into a doctor who will prescribe me the same medicine before the 10th of Oct, when my script is due.
I dont have a clue where to start. I never have had to see a "shrink" because everything was taken care of in her office. All my medications are under control with her and now I have to convince more doctors to see if they will take me on...Help please if any suggestions. Thanks.

Old 09-17-2007, 05:43 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

confused32 HB User
Re: Needed: Wisconsin doctor - mine is leaving after 6 years

Does she have a doctor that will be taking over her patients? My doctor that i had for 5 years left last year and the doctor that took over for him took me on as a patient. If that is the case then im sure you will be able to continue how you are now. I would call and ask if that is the case.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread