It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2007, 11:42 AM   #1
(female)

princesscol HB User
Unhappy Anxiety is ruining my life :(

So yesterday I broke up with this guy that I have been seeing for 6 months. He has liked me for about a year before I even gave him a chance so he has been in my life for kind of a long time now. My problem is that my anxiety is so bad lately that it's ruining us hanging out because I don't want to go out or do anything and I can't eat because I feel like my throat is closing and I always can't breath and I'm sick of explaining it to him or looking like an idiot because I can't breath. He doesn't think I'm an idiot that's just how I see myself. I'm going on medication very soon (with in the next 3 weeks) and I'm just wondering if anyone has ever been in that situation. He's a really great guy (actually the nicest guy i've ever met... in my life!) but I'm scared the medication is going to somehow change me or my personality and I just don't want to put him through that. I already argue with him because I'm moody. Poor guy really doesn't do anything to upset me I'm just so self-concious and always taking everything personal. Can a person be in a relationship and get help whether it be with medication or with therapy? Can the relationship last or did I make the right decision by breaking up with him? Please help

p.s. I know that he's a great guy and he said he's completely behind me 100% but I just feel like I'm going to ruin our relationship with this stupid anxiety. I just feel like he should be with someone normal and I shouldn't hold him back.

Last edited by princesscol; 10-08-2007 at 11:43 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-08-2007, 01:56 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

j2006 HB User
Re: Anxiety is ruining my life :(

Similar situation a year ago and now i am engaged to the man I almost lost.

Let him into your life - your entire life - and if he rejects the anxiety issues rather than sticking by you - then he wasn't worth it.

we (still working on this one) need to stop worrying so much about them and work on ourselves.

It can work out - get the help you need; start your medication; and let him be with you.

If you like him and cares about you then you should get together with him and let him love you.

Last edited by j2006; 10-08-2007 at 02:00 PM.

Closed Thread