It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2007, 08:00 AM   #1
(male)

kg21678 HB User
Anxiety and the cold weather

Hi everyone well the other day was very very cold, and as i was shivering in the cold with a semi thin jacket, i was so cold I was shivering like crazy and i felt like i was going to have a heart attack or something, i had problems catching my breath, there seemed to be a tightness in my chest and this seems to happen in extreme cold when i am not bundled up too much (temps were 30 degrees), when i warmed up a felt much much better but it took about 15 min. It seems this has happened since i was about 21, when i had mono i have never been the same when it comes to the cold. Also i have slightly high blood pressure that ranges from 129/140-68/80. I know its not severely high but high for my age nonetheless. Any insight would be very appreciated, and by the way I take 5mg norvasc, 5mg paxil not sure if this would contribute to that.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-07-2007, 08:25 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

neshee HB User
Re: Anxiety and the cold weather

Well, unfortunately there is never an "explanation" for anxiety attacks. This sounds like what you are experiencing. Anything can trigger them. Taking the tape off from my incision while taking a shower in a REALLY small bathroom after my c-section triggered a vagal response and a panic attack for me. I had many other issues, but that just triggered one. I guess the only thing I can suggest is to check the temp outside before you leave and bundle up really well. I know for me I get more anxious during the wintertime as it is just more dreary and gray. Good luck, and stay warm!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread