It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2007, 07:47 AM   #1
(female)

KBM HB User
Question Feels Like I Am Shaking Or Vibrating???????

Hi............I am hoping desperately that my story sounds familiar to some of you because I will feel better that I am being diagnosed correctly. I feel because all test come back negitive that they are throwing me into the diagnoses of anxiety/panic attacks. Here is my story.......

One year ago it all started. Just as I was falling asleep I would feel myself drifting off and then BAM!!! I would wake up with such a scare....eyes wide open and take a deep breath in. It happened each night and only just as I was falling asleep never again though the night. As time went on it would happen less and less.

Just as that stopped a new more intense feeling starting happpening. I would fall asleep and wake up to my heart racing and the feeling like I am vibrating or shaking........mostly my arms and legs and chest. You could see the shaking or tremor within me but my husband could feel it. It would happen several times a night.

Blood tests....negitive Heart monitor..........neg. though it showed my heart
was excelerated as if I just jogged around the block. Had a brain mri and mra
back in May.......neg.

All my doctors feel it is anxiety and I can't believe it. I have had anxiety before and it has always effected my stomach and knock on wood my stomach hasn't been better. I am afraid something is being overlooked but think at this point the doctors must think I am a hypocondreack. I have had a head ache now for about a week every day which is not normal for me.

My neurologist gave me cymbalta 30mg the other day and I was so nausous the whole day yesterday. She told me to discontinue and to call her today and she will prescribe something else.

Do my symptoms seem familiar to anyone? My attacks are worst when in bed sleeping though over the past few weeks I do feel my legs and arms shakey if I do to much. Feel like I am going crazy. I really have nothing to be anxious about. I have a good marriage and have nothing tramatic going on in my life. Besides some stress and agrivation from my kids I am ok.

Hoping someone could help...............Karen

Last edited by KBM; 12-12-2007 at 07:48 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-14-2007, 01:49 AM   #2
(female)

jasgirl HB User
Re: Feels Like I Am Shaking Or Vibrating???????

Hello!!!
Yes Yes Yes!!!! I get this too! It scared me the first time so much I actually thought I was experiecing some paranormal thing which gave me a huge panic attack LOL!
Sometimes it seems like the bed is shaking and then I realize its me-sooo weird and annoying.
Anxiety can happen in diferent ways,shapes and sizes...even if you have nothing to feel anxiety over you can still get anxiety.
99% of my anxiety shows up for no reason-it comes when it wants to and not just when things are stressful.
What has helped me is taking my clonazapam and ativan daily (my anxiety is a daily issue)
But you are not alone in this feeling and it makes me feel abit better to see someone else here that knows the feeling.
I am sorry you are dealing with this,I know how obnoxious it feels and how it can make the mind feel crazy almost?
Hope things get better and maybe chat with your doc about anti anxiety meds or valium or something???? Keep me posted!!! God Bless

Old 12-14-2007, 08:26 AM   #3
(female)

KBM HB User

Hi Jasgirl........thank you so much for your reply. This feeling I get mostly when I am sleeping. It is consumming my every thought especially when it is bed time and I know what is coming. I must say though for the last 2 weeks or so I feel it at times during the day but my heart doesn't not feel like it is racing. I feel like my arms and legs are like jello and I feel a tremor inside me shaking though it can not be felt by anyone.

Maybe I am in denial but I can't believe this is anxiety. I feel like something is wrong and I am scared. If my stomach was effected I would be more at ease because my stomach always gets effected when I am going through some sort of anxiety.

Have you been to doctors about this? You've checked everything out and doctors are telling you it is anxiety? I feel like the doctors think I am over reacting and that they really don't know what it is so they are just lumping me into this catagory.

At first I thought it was a paranormal thing also because I was watching Sylvia Brown and someone was complaining about the same sort of thing and she said this girl was re-entering her body from a astrol projection state. After it happened for over a week I doubted this applied to me.

Doctor still hasn't called me back as to new medication she wants to try on me. At this point I want to try something to see if it does work.

Karen

Last edited by KBM; 12-14-2007 at 08:27 AM.

Old 12-14-2007, 08:42 AM   #4
(female)

jasgirl HB User

Hey You!
Thats too funny-<BECAUSE> I watch the Sylvia Browne things too and have experienced the (re entering thing) and that is scary,but I am mostly having a paralized thing with that.
Ummm...<BECAUSE> my health is bad in all areas right now tests of all kinds have been done.But I know atleast with me the vibrating/shaking is my anxiety (which before wasn't apart of my anxiety symptoms) so when I first felt it I was jumping to all sorts of what if's....and the second time it happened my cousin was with me and she couldn't see or feel any shaking/vibrating from me at all so we sound very similar with that.
But its good that your Dr has atleast been ruling out things by testing you for various things,instead of automatically saying its 'anxiety' but you said <BECAUSE> your stomach isn't involved at all-this could probably be just a new sign of your anxiety disorder (like it was for me)
Does it happen only at bedtime? like when you are waking up? or other times aswell? and does it happen mostly when on your back? or various positions?
I am sorry you are feeling its scary part of it-I know how CRAPPY it feels.But hopefully your Dr will give you something to treat the anxiety as needed type thing.And <BECAUSE> your afraid of it,is bringing on more anxiety before bedtime I think (just a thought?)
If you don't mind can you like describe an evening of it when its happened? like right away when you get into bed/waking up with the feeling?....
Ummm I hope your Dr will try you on something like I take (clonazapam,xanax,ativan....something)to keep you at ease and not just a sleeping pill.
Please keep in touch

Last edited by ms_mod; 12-14-2007 at 12:59 PM. Reason: Replaced text message, chat room words with the proper words. Please follow the posting rules. Ms_Mod

Old 12-14-2007, 11:12 AM   #5
(female)

impala lady HB User
Smile Re: Feels Like I Am Shaking Or Vibrating???????

HI KBM, when i read your post i felt like you were writing my story. i have been checked for everything heart, acid reflux, the only thing that was found was after a night of severe pain which was gall bladder & pancreatis. but this quivering feeling that woke me up in the early am hours every day started when they could not find out what was wrong & every body including myself at the end was thinking it was just in my head. well, by the end it was full blown anxiety. its been 2 years and i have been taking zanax .25 in the evening and during the middle of the nite to sleep. i also take lexapro 10mg for the last year. my dr. is going to start getting me off it soon he said. its been a journey from hell for me, but i am much better that i was. every pain in my chest was a heart attack i thought but with all the neg. tests i have finally realized how anxiety can affect your whole body. i had never been sick until this all started so every pain was magnified to be something bad & no one could set my mind to ease. i have a really good dr. who has worked with me thru this. he also told me he had saw so many menapausal women come thru his doors with anxiety, which i am beginning to agree with him on. i hope you feel better soon, i just wanted you to know you weren't alone in this battle.

Old 12-15-2007, 10:33 PM   #6
(female)

KBM HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasgirl View Post
Hey You!
Thats too funny-<BECAUSE> I watch the Sylvia Browne things too and have experienced the (re entering thing) and that is scary,but I am mostly having a paralized thing with that.
Ummm...<BECAUSE> my health is bad in all areas right now tests of all kinds have been done.But I know atleast with me the vibrating/shaking is my anxiety (which before wasn't apart of my anxiety symptoms) so when I first felt it I was jumping to all sorts of what if's....and the second time it happened my cousin was with me and she couldn't see or feel any shaking/vibrating from me at all so we sound very similar with that.
But its good that your Dr has atleast been ruling out things by testing you for various things,instead of automatically saying its 'anxiety' but you said <BECAUSE> your stomach isn't involved at all-this could probably be just a new sign of your anxiety disorder (like it was for me)
Does it happen only at bedtime? like when you are waking up? or other times aswell? and does it happen mostly when on your back? or various positions?
I am sorry you are feeling its scary part of it-I know how CRAPPY it feels.But hopefully your Dr will give you something to treat the anxiety as needed type thing.And <BECAUSE> your afraid of it,is bringing on more anxiety before bedtime I think (just a thought?)
If you don't mind can you like describe an evening of it when its happened? like right away when you get into bed/waking up with the feeling?....
Ummm I hope your Dr will try you on something like I take (clonazapam,xanax,ativan....something)to keep you at ease and not just a sleeping pill.
Please keep in touch
When it first started about 2 months or so ago the closer I got that I knew I would be getting into bed my legs would start getting a wierd weak feeling. As soon as I got into bed it would intensify. My legs mostly just a really wierd lightly tingily feeling. I would fall asleep and wake up to heart racing and legs arms and chest shaking. Did not matter what position I was in. Whether on my back side whatever. It would happen maybe 3 times a night however through the night my legs and arms would still feel like dead weight. Even if I wasn't having an "episode" my legs would still feel like that. When I would go to turn my body to get into a new position a weird feeling would just go through my whole body.

What started happening about 2 or 3 weeks ago or so is that the waking up to heart palpatations have stopped but still have weakness and weird feeling in legs and arms especially upon changing postition. Also what starting happening is I am feeling this way at times during the day. Some days nothing but some days I just feel shakey all over........like a buzz is going on in my body. Very annoying and scarey........for I was thinking I had MS or Parkinsons.

My doctor still hasn't called me to put me on new meds I will have to call her Monday. So glad I have people to talk to about this that are going through similar situations.........makes me feel so much better that I am not going crazy and I am not alone in this...........Karen

Old 12-15-2007, 10:43 PM   #7
(female)

KBM HB User

Hi Impala Lady.......

Blood tests from my gyn just came back and I am going through perimenopause. I have been going through this for the last few years. This anxiety that I am going through (still have a hard time accepting thats what it is) on top of it all is really draining. I feel like my body is falling apart bit by bit. In May I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia also. Some days are so bad that I feel like I want to collapse from all of this. If all this shaking and trembeling I am feeling is really anxiety I feel very greatful that it isn't something more serious. I am so happy to be able to speak to others that are going through this also. Felt so alone before...........thanks! Karen

Old 12-17-2007, 01:49 PM   #8
(female)

skinbyrd HB User

all these symptoms seem very very familiar. i've had them all myself as well

Old 12-17-2007, 05:21 PM   #9
(female)

Aalewyn HB User

Wow, I've actually tried to describe that to people for so long, and they all thought I was crazy. A lot of nights as I fall asleep, especially on days I've been really anxious, I get to that point where I'm almost asleep and then suddenly I'm wide awake and gasping for air. It's really scary, yah.

I"ve had numerous EKGs over the past year, and all came back just fine. One nurse even told me "These are the prettiest rhythms I'll see all night." Still, it's sometimes impossible to get over that fear.

There are lots of meds out there that can help. It took me a while to find one that worked, but the side effects just weren't worth it. So it's back to the drawing board, and the incessant panic attacks.

I've taken to knitting to try to calm myself. It actually works sometimes, along with deep breathing. It's good if you can get your mind to focus on something, as hard as it may be.

You're definitely not alone in how you're feeling, and I hope you can find something that works for you!

Old 12-17-2007, 09:12 PM   #10
(female)

KBM HB User

I feel like a hugh weight has been lifted off my back from hearing from others who are going through the shaking and vibrating sensations that have over come me. It comforts me more to hear others are going through similar episodes and that they too have went through testing also to find everything coming back normal. It is more valuable to me to hear that from all of you then to hear a doctor tell me it is anxiety. I did not feel comfortable with a doctor tell me it was anxiety. I have heard stories about being misdiagnosed and was always afraid something was being overlooked. This has been the best dose of medicine for me. I will take each day as it comes and try and get some control of myself. The mind is powerful and can do such damage. I am going to get information on breathing techniques and relaxation tapes to see if it can get me through this............

Closed Thread