It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2007, 09:50 PM   #1
(male)

jsot11 HB User
Smile Hope and Help For Your Nerves

I shared several of the symptoms others have posted. I've suffered from panic attacks, agoraphobia, tension, fear and anxiety, depression and obsessive thoughts. I really felt like I was going insane. But to my relief I learned that my body and brain were responding normally to nervous illness. I have read just about every book, scoured the net for info. been to psychiatrists and psychologists and spent a fortune. I was blessed to come across a book by Claire Weeks called Hope and Help For Your Nerves. The book offered hope and understanding. There are common and inevitable patterns of nervous illness and a better understanding of the causes of nervous problems will help you break out of the cycle of suffering and move on with your life. She has written several books and they are easy to order online. She truly saved my life and she has cured many others. While I read her book I felt like she knew exactly how I was feeling. It is so hard to describe to others how you feel. I was totally bewildered as Im sure many of you are, but she knew what I and so many others were experiencing and how to relieve it. SHe died in 1990 but her books continue to save lives. If you suffer from any kind of anxiety do yourself a favor and try one of her books.

Last edited by jsot11; 12-28-2007 at 09:58 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-29-2007, 05:52 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

j2006 HB User
Re: Hope and Help For Your Nerves

this is a wonderful book

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-29-2007, 06:48 AM   #3
(female)

DanaP HB User
Post Re: Hope and Help For Your Nerves

I agree. I have 3 of her books. Hope and Help From Nervous Suffering....Peace From Nervous Suffering......and.....More Help From Nervous Suffering. She seems to have had a loved one suffer this Disorder. It's almost like she KNOWS everything to say and when to say it. In her book Peace From Nervous Suffering she gives us 4 Things that are a " MUST " in her words to be cured..
# 1 Face It
# 2 Accept It
# 3 Float Through It
# 4 Let Time Pass

ALL of these are so hard to do in a Setback. It's almost like you have forgotten what she said and have to go back , read again, then start out on a whole new journey. That is the disheartening thing to me. I am now, as I type, in a bad setback. I think I know why ( severe environmental stress, bad marriage etc: ) but, AGAIN, where do I start? It gets so tiring climbing that mountain alone daily. And to talk to someone, even if familiar with this ( in my opinion ) is " here we go again " I feel like such a burden AGAIN!

Old 12-29-2007, 10:25 AM   #4
(female)

Angel31 HB User

I do have a question about this title... is it fairly easy to read? (Not too dense/technical). I ordered Feeling Good by David Burns, which had rave reviews. However, it was so dense that I couldn't really get into it. I'm sure it had some great information, but it was just too much for me. I find it hard to concentrate when I have anxiety, and thus need something fairly simple and soothing. Thanks for your help!

Old 12-29-2007, 03:57 PM   #5
(male)

jsot11 HB User

Yes, it is very easy to read. I picked it up in the middle of my worst panic attacks and instantly I was glued. I couldn't put it down until I finished it and then quickly ordered more. I Immediately started feeling better. Just understanding what was happening to me alleviated so much anxiety. It is a little dated, she refers to anxiety and panic attacks as nerves and nervous illness but she delivers her message in such a compassionate and easy to understand way, its as if shes holding your hand and talking directly to you. In Some of her later books she goes more into depth. Whenever I feel better for a while and then have a setback. You know, you think things are going great and you think you might have this behind you and then those dreaded feelings come back, I always go back to her books and they get me back on track. I'm sure they will help you as well.

Closed Thread