It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2008, 10:14 PM   #1
(male)

Ninja1 HB User
Anxiety causing hip/thigh pain?

Can anxiety go as far as causing thigh pain (mostly on my left side, actually hurts to touch) and hip pain (mostly on my right side, once again hurts to touch)?

I am dealing with this anxiety much better now, however, new symptoms tend to worry me; of course, there are alarmists online who jump to terrible conclusions like someone saying it could be Deep Vein Thrombosis--obviously that worried me. I have not had tension in my legs since my anxiety started--can it just be muscle tension or poor posture?

Thanks in advance.

Old 02-14-2008, 01:29 PM   #2
(male)

Ninja1 HB User
Re: Anxiety causing hip/thigh pain?

No one has had these symptoms?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-14-2008, 02:36 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

Lourage HB User

LOL i thought i had DVT a few weeks ago! been there done that Ninja! But you had me worried about my heart, so since then my leg pain went away. It must have been from working out, but the pain, i couldn't pinpoint it, which is what scared me! just felt like it was behind my knee somewhere,by my thigh. Then this caused my limbs to go numb one night and i was ready for a hospital visit but didn't go. Finally got to my doctors and he said it was nothing, lol so of course the pain went away after that! But then i was still worried it was a blood clot or something and got dislodged from my leg and into my heart, and thats why my heart started hurting. Whats weird is i actually got the heart pains again WHILE working out yesterday, during my warm up on the exercise bike. Always seems like i get the heart pain the day after drinking beer/smoking cigs(only do this once a week now, used to smoke a pack a day and drink like every other day cause of my anxiety) maybe cause thats when my heart races the most. But my doctor said it was nothing and blamed it all on my anxiety! so if i die i'm suing him!

Last edited by Lourage; 02-14-2008 at 02:44 PM.

Old 02-14-2008, 02:57 PM   #4
(male)

Ninja1 HB User

LOL, it seems like my leg hurts on one side for no reason, however, I trained legs today to make the leg pain happen all over as to ignore it. Technically speaking, we are not in the risk category for DVT but our anxiety does get the better of us.

Old 02-14-2008, 03:00 PM   #5
Inactive
(male)

Lourage HB User

Yea when i saw my doc a few weeks ago for the leg he straightened my leg out to a weird position, thne felt for something called a "bakers cyst" and felt nothing. He said i probably strained it, but it was such a weird feeling strain, so of course i bring up to him " should i get blood work done? what if it's a blood clot" LOL the look on his face! then he says there is no reason for me to have a blood clot unless i sit down for 23 hours a day without getting up and moving. Still though! i read so much scary stuff on message boards! always worst case scenario!

Old 02-14-2008, 03:23 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

j2006 HB User

When I had my forst panic attack I felt a pin in my leg right before I started freaking out. so my thigh is one my trigger for panic. Weird -

I get so scared when I do legs at the gym!

Panic and anxiety can cause all types of pains.

Last edited by j2006; 02-14-2008 at 03:23 PM.

Old 02-17-2008, 10:23 PM   #7
(male)

Perry2 HB User

Aboslutely. Pain all over my left side sent me to the ER with what a thought was a heart problem. Left jaw, left and right neck, left arm, and left calf actually. Once I went on SSRI's all these discomforts disappeared.

Last edited by ms_mod; 02-18-2008 at 07:00 AM. Reason: Removed unnecessary quote. Ms_Mod

Closed Thread