It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2008, 01:33 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Worrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB User
Prozac and Wine

Can you have a drink or two of glasses of wine when taking Prozac.

I had a glass last night and felt totally whacky !! one glass !!

Old 03-09-2008, 09:25 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tattoogirl HB User
Re: Prozac and Wine

Well if you felt bad don't do it. You obviously don't respond well to the combination. You aren't supposed to drink on any antidepressant since it interferes with it working properly and also it can be dangerous. Hopefully you don't like wine too much.

Bella

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-09-2008, 12:42 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

I do like a glas or two of wine, and im really missing drinking it since i started Prozac. Does anyone else drink in moderation whilst on antidepressants?

Old 03-16-2008, 08:37 PM   #4
(female)

terrier07 HB User

Hi,
I used to drink while on antidepressants but it made me feel awful too! your not supposed to drink while taking these meds. so if you can try not to drink!

terrier07

Old 03-17-2008, 06:56 PM   #5
(female)

spendinbucks1 HB User
Smile Re: Prozac and Wine

I still drink wine or a beer once in a while and I'm on Wellbutrin in the AM and Lexapro in the PM. I had to cut back the amount I drank because it would hit me really hard and I would sort of black out!! That was scary! That had never happened to me before. I could only remember bits and pieces of the evening. My boyfriend is always with me when I drink because he knows that I tend to get a little loopy if I have more than 2 drinks... (on the bright side I am cheap date now LoL!) In moderation I am fine. One glass should be OK but remember that it will feel more like 2 or 3 if you are medicated so be careful! And of course check with your doctor first. Good luck!

Old 03-18-2008, 02:50 AM   #6
(male)

RockStar111 HB User

Bad, bad, bad, Idea.. Don't ever drink while using anti-anxiety or anti-depressive medications, it can harm or possibly kill you! That's why doctors, pharmacists and even on the label they warn you NOT to drink... Please be careful!

Old 03-19-2008, 12:17 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

i have to say it makes me feel really weird, like ive drunk ten times more than i have. i guess i shouldnt even have one, but i really miss the social part of having a drink with friends, i hate being the "dry" one. Maybe one drink wouldnt hurt me, but that kinda scared me about dying if you drink with them (

Old 03-19-2008, 12:56 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

cmpgirl HB User

I agree with Rockstar 100%. Very, very dangerous. I take other meds that you are not supposed to drink with and it's not just the added buzz that is the problem. Alcohol causes many drugs to not work effectively. I stopped drinking, even socially, because I really need these meds to do their job.

Some of my friends were a little obnoxious, in the beginnig, because they didn't understand why I made the choice to stop. But after I explained that I wouldn't be able to live a somewhat normal life, without the meds, and therfore wouldn't be able to socialize with them anymore, they understood my choice and respected it.

Club soda, or sparkling water with a little lime or lemon is a good substitute and even looks like it could be a cocktail, so people generally don't even notice I'm not drinking alcohol.

Best of luck with your decision and stay safe.

Closed Thread