It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2008, 06:50 AM   #1
(male)

Markh76 HB User
Tell me something good about Zoloft

I just started the generic zoloft 50 mg for anxiety and panic attacks and although I'm just into it two weeks now, I feel like a flat drugged up zombie. I have no concentration, tired, etc.. I swapped to taking it at night since it was making me so tired. This is my first AD. It has helped so far with symptoms but the side effects are bothering me.

Please tell me it gets better and what your experiences have been.

Thanks..

The following user gives a hug of support to Markh76:
Daisysfordaisy (04-14-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-13-2008, 05:25 PM   #2
(female)

bratforlife HB User
Re: Tell me something good about Zoloft

My sister is on it and she absolutely loves it. She said she is happier that nothing bothers her much anymore and she feels like the world has been lifted off her shoulders.. Her only side effect right now is that she can't sleep much, but she never really could before.. She said it gives her a lot of energy.. She first was taking it in the morning and now she switched to night time.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-14-2008, 12:09 PM   #3
(female)

sherbear59 HB User

Hello all, I have been on Zoloft for 4 years now. I am a new person ! It has saved my life and i will never quite taking it. It helps me to except the things i can not change , I don't feel angry all the time , things just roll off! I wish i did not need the pill but I do ! I have tried others they didn't work for me . But every Body is different so sometimes you have try them till ya find the right one .

Last edited by ms_mod; 03-14-2008 at 01:42 PM. Reason: Removed unnecessary quote. Ms_Mod

Old 03-14-2008, 03:58 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

teacher2be HB User

i can't say it for sure will get better but probably will. i took 50 mg before and it about drove me nuts. hallucinations ,zombie feeling, out of it. horrible. i believe on to strong of a dose i am very sensitive. if the side effects bother you too much amybe cut in half or ask dr about lesser dose. good luck to you.

Old 03-14-2008, 09:37 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

granny0 HB User

I went straight from Lexapro after 6 weeks (it was not working for me) to Zoloft and immediately noticed an improvement - mainly for depression. I've been on the Zoloft (100 mg) for a couple months now and the only side effect has been sexual, but had the same problem with Lexapro and Paxil. I've never felt like a zombie or drugged on any anti-depressant. Sometimes I wish it was more sedative. That's just me. Everyone has different reactions to AD's.
Hope you see an improvement soon. They always say it takes 4-6 weeks to feel full effect.
JB

Old 03-16-2008, 10:19 PM   #6
(male)

Tim 007 HB User

Zoloft has done wonders for me. The initial several weeks sucked, with side affects (see my previous posts), but after 3 weeks I was fine. Ativan really helped with my transition onto Zoloft, and helped to lessen the side affects. Overall I think Zoloft not only helped my anxiety, but helped to bring out my sense of humor, and allowed me to become a more socialible person...something I have always been but which anxiety has caused me to have hidden. Zoloft has caused some weight gain, which has been the only lasting side effect, but I have beaten it with excercising more...

The only thing about being on Zoloft that I believe to be challenging, is that it has affected my ability to deal with situations where I should not be happy. I am on Zoloft for anxiety, and panic attacks only, and have never needed it for "depression", so the anti-depression affects from the Zoloft has caused me to become a little too upbeat in bad situations.

For example...I crashed my car into a guardrail a couple weeks ago due to a ridiculous amount of snow on an unplowed road while heading home from work. I hit a bad turn, tried to stop, tried to steer...no success, crashed into a guardrail. Now, for most people, even my previous "self", would be cussing, and furious about even the most minor damage done to my freken car...but being on Zoloft, I couldn't help but feel..."not" angry. I mean, it was minor damage, and I wasn't hurt at all...but I don't get it...I wasn't mad...yet I SHOULD BE.

So...overall Zoloft is wayyy worth it for me, it has brought out my sense of humor, has not "dumbed" me down, and is leading me on a low anxiety lifestyle...it might be troubling with the mix of "emotions", but I would always choose being overly happy to overly anxious or scared ANY DAY!

I wish you all good luck, and that you're not alone!

Last edited by Tim 007; 03-16-2008 at 10:21 PM.

Old 03-17-2008, 07:33 AM   #7
(male)

Markh76 HB User

Thank you all for the replies. My brain fog seems to have improved somewhat but now I'm about ready to crawl out of my own skin the last couple of days. I'm taking 50 mg at night and on day 17 so hoping things will improve more.

Closed Thread