It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2008, 11:53 AM   #1
(female)

kaza76 HB User
Physical symptons are making me worse!!!

Hi All

I have been watching here for some time and hope that you can help. I have posted once i think, cant remember.
I have been diagnosed with TMJD (jaw) and costracondritis (imflammation of ribs and breast bones) recently, they obviously bring on their own physical symptoms, however, due to many reasons, i have also been suffering with anxiety and panic attacks, (tension and stress also common with TMJD and costra) I am trying to deal with these in ways of self help books, techniques, counselling etc. But the physical symptons i suffer with are making me worse.
I am clear of the TMJD ones and some of the costra, however everytime i see a doc with a new symptom he says it's anxiety. Do these sound like anxiety to you?:
A numb creeping tightness over and in my breasts, not so much painful but itchy, annoying, cold type feeling.
A tightening, pulling, numbness in arms, elbows and across the top of the hands
A disconnection from the rest of the world
Not focusing, delayed reaction with eyes at times
And a feeling that i am waiting for something? (I know that way be one)

I am so sorry to go on, but i feel so alone, my husband is asking me to "click" out of this and everyone knows this is all i talk about. My husband really doesn't understand i am now feeling the doctors dont either, they always look annoyed when i enter the room. I am on so many drugs i cant stand it. I am looking for reasons to not go to work, my boss is noticing this.

Please can someone identify with these symptons or are they part of the other illnessess i have?

Thank you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-30-2008, 05:10 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

singer78 HB User
Re: Physical symptons are making me worse!!!

Anxiety can manifest itself in a number of ways.
What med's are you on?
Perhaps they're not working for you...and they need changed, or tweaked.

I know it's hard, when faced with something that seems to "rule" your life at the moment.
Just remember...it's usually only temporary, and there's almost always help. Obviously, the things you're doing right now, are not giving you the results you want.
Keep at it....demand answers.
In the meantime, do all you can to learn to relax.
I've been working on learning to meditate---it's not easy, shutting out the outside world, but...it's so therapeutic, when you can. We all need to escape.
Hope I helped a little....
Remember, everything is fixable.
S.

Old 03-31-2008, 02:00 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

CircusSquirrel HB User
Re: Physical symptons are making me worse!!!

Hi,
I am 33 and have had "severe" anxiety problems since age 14. I now seem to do well, except for a bad bout here or there.
I was diagnosed with costochondritis, fibromyalgia, IBS, all sorts of diseases that can really be exacerbated or even confused with anxiety. When my overall anxiety is better, so are almost all of my symptoms. When I am doing well, I don't even pay attention to the little annoyances that would send me running to the doctor 10 years ago.
My advice is to get some good therapy, perhaps good meds, read lots of books, get on the boards for support, but most importantly: find some things to really occupy your time. Work, family, hobbies, the more involved you are in other things the less time anxiety has to creep in and make you wonder "Is that ache something bad?"
Best wishes.

Closed Thread