It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2008, 06:46 PM   #1
(male)

Raider72 HB User
Can constant worrying be able to cause aches?

Can constant worrying be able to cause aches? My arms and legs seem to be achy for past few weeks, and this comes and goes. For example when I am just sitting around and thinking of it, they ache more and I get worried. When I'm doing stuff, go to work etc then I feel pretty good. Is this all in my head and and am I causing these aches myself? I've always been the type that thinks of the worst, and people say i'm a hypochondriac (and yes I do suffer from anxiety/panic and take meds, pretty much under control) however this is really driving me crazy! There is physical aching though (my arms/legs dont hurt if I touch or feel, or lift anything or do heavy work, they just ache when I am rested) and I can't stop but worry when feel them aching, I always think it's something severe when it probably isn't. I went away for a long weekend, a little vacation I guess, and the entire time I was fine, the moment I came back home I started feeling these aches again. Or when I go out drinking they also go away ... I know i'm making my situation worse, but is it really possible to bring on aches by constant worrying?

Old 04-06-2008, 08:08 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

granny0 HB User
Re: Can constant worrying be able to cause aches?

Hi Raider,
I don't know how old you are but I know as I've gotten older, just turned 48, I simply have more aches and pains. My husband has too, and we both agree that we don't feel them until we try to relax. I think when we're working or focused on a task, we just don't notice them as much.
I too am a worrier and have a lot of anxiety so I think I hold my body tense and that may attribute to the aches and pains.
For me it's probably some of both. I did go on a vacation recently also, and did not feel the normal aches and pains I do when working.

So I guess my answer would have to be "yes"

JB

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-07-2008, 07:08 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Pri Lily HB User
Re: Can constant worrying be able to cause aches?

You need to see a Doctor to rule out any kind of physical ailment. That's the first thing.

If I have been working all day, under very busy, stressful conditions, when I finally sit down to relax at the end of the day my muscles will ache.

This is because they've been so tense all day from stress, that when I finally relax, and my muscles finally relax, they ache as though I've run a marathon.

This would be why you were fine when you were away. Your muscles weren't tense from stress......

Lil

Closed Thread