It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2008, 09:26 AM   #1
(male)

markus1 HB User
Always Anxious...

Most of the time I always seem to be anxious, worried, paranoid and im sure I suffer from a bit of OCD. I'm always worried about something bad happening, just always feeling down and anxious most of the time. The only time when Im really ok is when im usually out doing something with friends or something, or have something that im really looking forward to coming up, but most of the time I just feel worried and really down and get paranoid easily. I dont think tablets would be a good idea. Whats even more worrying is that most of my friends have moved away or are moving away soon to university. I am just stuck here with no clue with what to do with my life, I just feel worthless. I just wish I didnt feel so down all the time and just happy with no worries like I was when I was younger... Anyone got any advice?

Old 04-27-2008, 03:33 AM   #2
(female)

MYSISSYGIRLS HB User
Re: Always Anxious...

Marcus,
It sounds like you are going through some changes in your life that can really cause anxiety. with all your friends going away is kinda life changing event that would definately cause some anxiety and depression. You mentioned you dont want to take tablets , maybe some counseling at this time would be beneficial to you. to work through this time and get your feelings out. try to focus on the positives in life and not dwell on what is changing in your life. Life is ever changing and throughout life you will come across many friends that will come and go and if all goes well you will have some lifetime friends not matter where they live. Maybe you should discuss what is going on with your dr. Medicine to help does not have to be a lifelong thing for some poeple if all else fails.
I hope all works out for you and if need to keep posting here , there is always someone here for support.
tami

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-03-2008, 11:13 AM   #3
(male)

markus1 HB User

Its just I dont know what to do with my life, its a mess. All my friends are either away at university or seem to be on the right track with what they want to do, im still living at home in my hometown not knowing what to do. I took a few college classes this year so I at least was doing something, exams are coming up, itd feel like such a waste of a year if I failed them. I dont even have a girlfriend either, its pathetic and im just always feeling worried and anxious.

Old 05-03-2008, 07:03 PM   #4
Veteran
(male)

joebloggs2 HB Userjoebloggs2 HB User

Hey. I've had anxiety for as long as I can remember. And it had been a major problem for at least a decade. I had the same mentality as you regarding drugs, but I have changes. Drugs are great and I wouldn't stop taking Zolofteven though it makes me feel like crap physically. The pros _far_ outweigh the cons.

BUT, you're young, and maybe drugs won't be suitable for you. Whatever route you choose, it's important to note that 90% of the work is still gonna have to be done by you, even if you're on pills.

You should speak to a counselor about the problem and tell her that you want to exhaust all drug-free methods first.

Closed Thread