It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2008, 05:26 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

calidreaming HB User
prozac or ativan- help!

hi all- i have been suffering from GAD and panic disorder for a few years now. I go on prozac and after my bouts are done, i ween off of it. Prozac has immensely helped, however, it does tend to numb my emotions out. I also have Ativan as needed.

I have been off of all meds since november. weening myself off both. and i have been doing fine until the last few weeks! it seems like i am in hell. I have already gone to the doctor twice. because my vision was off. i am wondering if this is a side effect of anxiety? i was diagnosed with migraines... which i cant take immitrex <WITH> prozac. anyways...my big struggle is...

do i stick it out? or do i get back on meds? im having major life changes in the next couple weeks... moving and quiting a job, and moving back in with parents, leaving alot of people. I dont know if my body will get over this once i am moved...?

My short term solution is to just take the ativan untill im moved and see if the anxiety alleviates...however im REALLY scared of getting dependent. but i feel so immobilized by this anxiety. i want to be going out.. but i feel so unsafe besides my apartment. it really really sucks. and IS SO hard to explain to people. how crappy it feels.

some days are OKAY, and somedays like today...im just shaking in fear.

does anyone have any suggestions? shall i stick it out? please help!

Last edited by ms_mod; 05-25-2008 at 07:48 AM. Reason: Always use whole words in your posts. Ms_Mod

Old 05-25-2008, 08:34 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

CarenR HB User
Re: prozac or ativan- help!

Stay on your meds. until you get moved and then when you get settled... YOu have so many life changes.right now..dont make too many as that can cause anxiety

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-28-2008, 06:48 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

calidreaming HB User
Re: prozac or ativan- help!

update-
i went back on prozac for the time being. it is the fourth day and i can already feel a difference. i am still thinking these horrible thoughts... however... i dont FREAK OUT as bad. and i know in a few weeks those thoughts will mostly be eliminated. side effects are light headed/dizzy/drowsy. which i think stem from the anxiety all together.
also taking ativan as needed - 3/4 times a week until full effect kick in of the prozac.

Closed Thread