It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2008, 06:22 AM   #1
(male)

j2cunningham HB User
Joint pain in hands and feet, anyone else???

I have been struggling with GAD type anxiety for years. For the last 3 or 4 months I have been experiencing pain in my hands, fingers, feet and toes. None of the pain is debilatating, but seems to be spreading and can be pretty painful. The pain is in my joints. Part of my GAD is not sleeping well plus I have 3 small kids and a busy lifestyle. My main trigger for my anxiety is health fears so I of course I look up my symptoms and read all about lyme disease, lupus, types of arthritis, gout and a host of other diseases. If anyone else has had these symtoms please let me know, I am getting very worried and I am beginning to feel that irrational need to drop everything and rush to the doctor. Thanks

Last edited by ms_mod; 07-14-2008 at 07:28 AM. Reason: Removed banned word. If a word comes up like this *** in your post that word is banned on this website. Ms_Mod

Old 07-14-2008, 07:47 AM   #2
(female)

emmablue13 HB User
Re: Joint pain in hands and feet, anyone else???

I get an occasional pain in the joints of my wrists and sometimes in my fingers. I always have chaulked it up to too much computer use. I am on the computer all the time because of my work.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-14-2008, 07:48 AM   #3
(female)

soupermom HB User

I have joint pain in my hands and feet all the time. I researched the symptom and sure enough found that it is connected with GAD. However, with that said, I also suffer from arthritis (but not in my hands) and the GAD tends to aggravate the arthritis. Arthritis and the other diseases you mentioned have very distinct physical symptoms and your doctor should be able to determine quickly if it is an issue. With time I have learned to distinguish which is arthritis related and which us GAD. I don’t know that I would make an emergency appointment but I think a good doctor is generally willing to listen to your concerns and take a quick look to see if there are any of the basic indicators.
GAD is very frustrating because we get to a point where we continually have to second guess what is real and what is the brain messy with our bodies. I am lucky that I have a doctor that understands what I struggle with but makes sure I don’t get carried away. I know there are a lot of people out there not so lucky and that is a shame.
Good luck

Last edited by soupermom; 07-14-2008 at 10:29 AM.

Old 07-15-2008, 04:03 AM   #4
(female)

smeebee HB User

Hi

I too have developed painful feet, ankles, legs and wrists. I have suffered from health anxiety for 3 years now. It has gotten much worse this year I am guessing as I am doing a lot more walking. I am scared that it is the sign of something bad but have heard that it can be anxiety related. My pain is like a deep pain inside my bones.

Old 07-16-2008, 12:26 PM   #5
(male)

j2cunningham HB User

Thanks to everyone that has posted. This is the strangest thing. Like most of my symptoms, I will have a day or two of strong symptoms where several joints ache and then a few days of no pain. If this cycle continues, I will make an appointment with my doctor, though he is a good guy I think he gets tired of running tests on me. Thanks again

J2

Old 07-17-2008, 12:29 PM   #6
(male)

anders15 HB User

There are many MSM products at your local wal-mart or walgreens that can prevent this. MSM is just a supplement, like a vitamin when heals joints and tenderness in muscles preventing aches, joint pain, and inflammation of the joints. There are no side effects as it is more of a vitamin rather than a medicine. try it out, it can only help.

Closed Thread