It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2008, 08:42 AM   #1
(female)

May76 HB User
Shaky in morning

A little background: I had a bad flu last November, and I've never quite recovered. I have lots of muscle pain, tightness in my neck, and pain in my arms. I've been tested for lots of things. I have always been a very anxious and high-stress person, so it's possible that some is anxiety over everything going on.

Anyway - last night I just could not get comfortable. I finally fell asleep around 4:00, and woke up with my back and arms shaky. It only lasted a few minutes, but this really throws me off when it happens. Just wondering if anyone else experiences this and if it can be an anxiety symptom.

Old 07-26-2008, 12:07 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

02Batmobile HB User
Re: Shaky in morning

Yes, it's happened to me. They are classic symptoms of anxiety. Insomnia and shakiness.

My experience: I can pretty much go to sleep normally, sometimes I'll feel a bit anxious and can't go immediately but for the most part going to sleep is pretty normal. Other than that, I will generally wake up about 2:00 in the morning or 3 and I'll start twitching a bit. I'll constantly move my legs and feet and I'll be half asleep for awhile. I tend to wake up earlier too. I've been known to sleep til noon or later but I've been waking up maybe around 8 or 9.

Trouble sleeping and trembling is common amongst anxiety sufferers. Don't worry. Try to realize it's the anxiety and nothing more. Get some exercise as it helps with getting a better night's sleep. Also, try some milk late at night as it has some natural sedatives.

Hang in there,
-James

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-26-2008, 12:21 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

calidreaming HB User

yes, when i have bad anxiety....sleep is at a rare.

i also suffer from allergies so i take benadryl at night. you may want to try that? i think some doctors like to also suggest using it if you have trouble sleeping or are anxious at night because antihistamines calm and sedate you but only to a mild form. And won't be habit forming, etc.

try to stay away from heavy sleeping pills they tend to make you REALLY drowsy in the morning. and exercise definitely helps. or MAKING yourself get up really early can reset your human clock.

Old 07-26-2008, 05:52 PM   #4
(female)

May76 HB User

Thanks everyone for the responses! I wasn't feeling great when I went to bed last night. Then I couldn't fall asleep. So maybe I got nervous and it all compounded. It's just so unsettling. Do any of you have muscle pain with your anxiety?

Closed Thread