It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2008, 11:13 AM   #1
(male)

grinch1989 HB User
What is your ear ringing like?

Hello, I have had just about every single anxiety symptom known to man, but as always I get hung up on just one like most of us. My eyes used to pulse for months, but that went away when the headaches came, but that went away when the face pressure started, but that went away when the eye pain started, so now I have ringing in my ear! I tell you the above because the realist in me thinks my mind is making something that is normally there really loud and noticeable. I have this ringing mostly in my right ear that seems to pulse with my heart. Like a riiiiing, riiiing, riiing... It is almost as if I can hear the blood moving around in there. I had my wife sit in a quite room and she claims she can hear it too. But then again <when I look it up, it > says its pulsating tinnitus which has a million bad things associated with it. I did read one post somewhere else that says you can experience this when concentrating on it. Any one else ever hear this typing of noise? It never seems to be there when I have my mind off things, but sitting here at work it is very noticeable and like most things barely there if at all in the morning and builds during the day. Thanks!

Last edited by ms_mod; 07-31-2008 at 02:16 PM. Reason: Replaced banned word. If a word comes up like this ** in your post the use of that word is banned on this website.

Old 07-31-2008, 02:01 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

CarenR HB User
Re: What is your ear ringing like?

I had that also.. and I bought ear drops. to remove ear wax. and after using it 5 days. the ringing stopped... My doctor told me to use the ear drop.s..

hugs, Caren

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-15-2008, 04:56 PM   #3
(female)

StephRabin HB User

Wow, I have been having this lately too...but mine isnt pulsating it is a constant annoying ringing in both ears equally. I think mine is due to chronic neck tension from anxiety... I also have a lot of pressure in both ears, but the doc said there is no wax or buildup of any sort...

Good luck with it...and I would stay away from ear drops unless your doc says you should...

Old 08-16-2008, 01:16 AM   #4
(male)

garrett24 HB User

Like you, most of my anxiety stems from physical sensations similar to the ones that you have described. Over two years ago I had my first panic attack and it was caused by a heavy feeling under my eyelids. It was the first time I ever noticed such an awareness and it freaked me out beyond belief. I thought that the feeling would never go away and that it would torment me for the rest of my life. For the next several weeks I would experience different physical sensations on an almost minute-by-minute basis that practically put me in a constant state of panic. My doctor gave me a prescription of zoloft and xanax and the combination of the two drugs made me less panicky but always nauseus, tired, and disconnected. I knew that I couldn't live the rest of my life feeling that terrible so I had to find an alternative solution. I saw a psychologist who specialized in anxiety and he taught me that as long as I continued to fear the odd sensations I was experiencing, I would never rid myself of the panic, no matter how many anti-anxiety drugs that I took. I took his advice to heart and began to train myself to accept these unusual sensations as a part of my life. I had to believe this at the deepest level of my conscience or else I wouldn't truly be rid of the panic.

I can honestly tell you that this technique has worked for me and I am thrilled to say that I haven't had any panic attacks for about 2 years. I still get the odd feelings, but, they don't trigger panic attacks because I notice the sensation, accept it and go about my business. I don't know if my story will help you at all, but, based on your comments about having anxiety symptoms that change from one thing to another, it sounds like you are going through a similar period as I did. My guess is that you develop techniques to deal with each symptom, only to discover that a different symptom comes along and forces you to start all over again to find a new coping mechanism. That happened to me and it was an endless cycle until I finally accepted the fact that for the rest of my life I always going to experience some odd feeling and to not let it bother me. It took a great deal of work and the progress is slow, but, for me it was definitely worth it.

I wish you well.

Old 08-16-2008, 03:02 AM   #5
(male)

Jaff1984 HB User

the ringing in my ears is more of a buzzing than a ringing. In a silent room I can always hear it ever so slightly, but occasionally it will spontaneously resonate to become quite loud.

Best way to describe is a television set thats been left on for a long time and has a faint high pitch emanating from the back of it.

Closed Thread