It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2008, 07:48 AM   #1
(female)

poundcake HB User
Has anyone had any luck with meds to relieve irritability?

I have been diagnosed all over the place...2 years ago, one doc said I was bi-polar. None of the meds changed anything or helped (effexor, seroquel). I'm now seeing a new pdoc and he thinks it is an anxiety disorder rather than BP.

Currently taking celexa, but I am still irritable all the time. Some days are worse than others, and it certainly gets worse during the PMS phase of my cycle. But I find that I very rarely laugh or take joy in anything, and EVERYTHING seems to bother me. I constantly feel annoyed and irritable.

Does anyone else out there have this same problem, and if so, are there any meds that helped? (as I mentioned, effexor, seroquel, and celexa so far have not worked for me)

Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-08-2008, 08:12 AM   #2
(male)

Herbaldrew HB User
Re: Has anyone had any luck with meds to relieve irritability?

Hi Poundcake

There are some herbal tinctures that can help with irritability. They've been used for thousands of years and don't usually have the side effects that drugs can have. Chamomile tincture and valerian tincture are both used to help you chill out. These herbs don't provide an instant cure. take them at regular intervals over a week or so and there should be a gradual improvement

If the irritability is stress related then tincture of ginseng can be useful as well as valerian.

I hope that helps

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-08-2008, 01:18 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

GatsbyLuvr1920 HB UserGatsbyLuvr1920 HB UserGatsbyLuvr1920 HB User

I take Lamictal for the irritability and mood swings associated with my Asperger's Syndrome. Lamictal doesn't help for my anxiety/OCD (I take Klonopin and Anafranil for that), but it has done wonders for my irritability. It also has a relatively low amount of side effects. You might consider asking your doctor about Lamictal. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!
-GatsbyLuvr1929-

Old 08-11-2008, 09:00 AM   #4
(female)

marshasheart HB User

I was having trembling feelings in my legs and it was more irritating than pain....I started taking 1mg clonazepam. works great.

Closed Thread