It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2008, 07:30 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Natty44 HB User
Lexapro & Xanax together???

I would like to know how many people feel that they need to take xanax along with Lexapro and if this is safe? I have been on Lexapro for a month now and still feel anxious and the need to take a Xanax however, feel that the xanax doesn't seem to be working as effectively as it had been. Any suggestions? Frustrated.

Old 09-29-2008, 07:37 AM   #2
(female)

emmablue13 HB User
Re: Lexapro & Xanax together???

I took and take Klonopin with my Lexapro. My Dr suggested this. I don't see a problem with taking the xanax but you may need something that lasts a little longer. Xanax does not stay in your system very long. I think my Dr told me about 4-5 hours. Depending on the dose I suppose.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-29-2008, 07:44 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Natty44 HB User

What is Klonipin? Is that like a xanax? I just thought that since I was on Lexapro that my anxiety would be gone and I wouldn't have to take anything with it.

Old 10-09-2008, 06:15 AM   #4
(female)

bethy79 HB User

i was on cymbalta and then effexor,they put my anxiety through the roof so bad that xanax stopped working. i stopped taking the antidepressants two days ago ,im gonna just try to go cold turkey. i dont want to take a medicine that makes my anxiety feel worse than i did before i started!!!

Old 10-09-2008, 06:35 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Natty44 HB User

Hi Beth - I understand how you feel about making it worse and the xanax not seeming to work anymore. Please don't stop cold turkey though - see if your doctor will have you wean. How long did you take your meds?

Old 10-09-2008, 10:29 AM   #6
(female)

ymoore86 HB User

What is your dose of Lexapro Natty?
I take 5Mg Lexapro only been taking it for 7 days..im def counting because im still anxious but im trying to give it time. most of my side effects have gone though thanks gosh but i can see that im getting better day by day just slowwwllyy. I was prescribed xanax also but xanax just seemed to make me more anxious so my dr changed me to ativan. even on ativan i seem to think i get chest pains and restlessness on my left side of my body but im sure its just my anxiety.
but yes it is safe to take xanax with lexapro and useful until the lexapro takes full effect.

Old 10-09-2008, 11:03 AM   #7
Inactive
(female)

Natty44 HB User

ymoore - I have been on 5 ML for 6 weeks now, however, the doctor just changed it to 10 so I will fill that Rx and start with that. I understand however, that I will have to go through all the yucky side-effects again when starting another dosage. But it doesn't matter I guess since the side-effects haven't seemed to have gone away even after 6 weeks. thanks for replying - hang in there too!

Closed Thread