It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2008, 09:33 AM   #1
(female)

del123 HB User
Help finding a med that doesn't make me nauseaus!!

I am very sensative in general to taking medication and am trying to find an anxiety med that doesn't make me so sick. I can handle a little nausea - especially since I am told that gets better with time - but so far it has been more than a little. I know everyone is different - but thought I woud ask if anyone here had any luck with a specific drug after having the same issue. So far I have tried Lexapro and Pristiq - and I did half the dose to try that too. Thanks so much in advance!

Old 10-02-2008, 09:37 AM   #2
(female)

qingche HB User
Re: Help finding a med that doesn't make me nauseaus!!

I take name brand Prozac, 15mg a day, and I have had no problem so far. I tried Zoloft for a little more than a month, and my nauseausa was killing me! So I switched to Prozac which I took once for 3 months before. Both times I don't have any problems.

Good luck to you!

QQ

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-02-2008, 12:13 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Natty44 HB User

People react differently to meds - I have never considered myself sensitive to any med, however, I've been on Lexapro 5 ML for 5 weeks and can hardly eat - nothing looks or tastes good and usually I have a great appetite. My loss of appetite and nausea is pretty bad - mostly in the mornings. Good luck to you! How long have you been on the Lexapro?

Old 10-02-2008, 05:19 PM   #4
(male)

rross9000 HB User

To be honest, the best ones I've seen so far are celexa and wellbutrin, neither of these have caused nausea in either myself or my best friend. 5 weeks is long ebough to know for sure, I'd ask my doctor to come off of them and try something new.

Old 01-13-2009, 09:16 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

cvoor HB User

For me it has been Zoloft. I tried Celexa and Paxil, and both killed my stomach.
I never tried Lexapro, since it is close to Celexa, and if Celexa killed my stomach Lexapro probably would also.

Old 02-08-2009, 06:32 PM   #6
(female)

SiberianLover HB User

Paxil worked great for me for years. I went off of it and went on Zoloft because it is safer if you get pregnant (wasn't planning to but not really working too hard to prevent it) and Paxil was terrible when I would run out if I couldn't get to the pharmacy (weird zap things in my head).

I quit the zoloft about a year ago, and just now went back on it.

The Zoloft makes me very dizzy and nauseated, and I've lost ten pounds in the 3 weeks I've been on it.

Old 02-08-2009, 07:03 PM   #7
(female)

kkww40 HB User

Try xanax...gets rid of anxiety and very minimal side effects..no nausea..maybe a little tired so very good if you need to sleep at night

Closed Thread