It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2008, 11:07 AM   #1
(female)

abstract28 HB User
Unhappy suffering bad since stopping prozac!!! help me

I have not been on the board for quite sometime because I was doing SOOO WELL ON PROZAC. it seriously changed my life and i loved it. BUt I was so fed up with the sexual side effects that I decided i wanted to come off, for that reason only. Selfish i know, but orgasm is a pleasure I need in my life. ANyway its been 2 months off it and Im more depressed and anxious than ever!! I never even had depression before and now its awful.
Oh and I am also on Lamictal-I do not have bipolar but some compulsive tendencys.
My doc put me on, today, Wellbutrin 200mg and Prozac 10 mg. I really dont want to be on meds but I have tried alternative therapys, herbs, meditation, CBT the works and it hasnt helped. The worst part is I am in graduate school fulltime and work full time and cannot afford to be nonfunctional. Please someone help advice about the combination. I feel like a medicince cabinet, which is increasing my depression. THank you to anyone who can give me advice

Last edited by abstract28; 10-11-2008 at 11:10 AM.

Old 11-01-2008, 08:02 PM   #2
(female)

lsmith1 HB User
Re: suffering bad since stopping prozac!!! help me

What kind of alternate stuff did you try? Just curious cause I think I might try something other than meds...let me know what you tried. Sorry they did not work for you though!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-02-2008, 01:22 PM   #3
(female)

tcp307 HB User
Re: suffering bad since stopping prozac!!! help me

What was the mg's of the Prozac? I'm on 40 mg right now, and when I was on the 20 mg is when I was having the BAD sexual side effects. That straightened out when I bumped up to 40 mg. Only now, I'm a zombie most of the time. But to go back to what I was before, I don't want to. I'm so glad I read this post from you as I was contemplating going off the Prozac. Reminds me of how bad I really was without it. Feel free to read my other post on the Depression threads...I really hope you feel better. I'm right there with you, only in another way.

Closed Thread