It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2008, 05:33 PM   #1
(male)

Uniform HB User
I cant deal with my own mind anymore

Hi
im a 1* year old with GAD
After i had constant panic attacks and nothing felt real, as i couldnt come to terms with the fact i almost died
But it went away eventually
But now its coming back, almost 6 months later , and i have no idea why
Im worrying 24/7 about the most trivial of things, I.E iam now worrying about the vitimins i just took because i keep thinking i took the wrong packet out off the medicine cabnit and i took somthing that could harm me (yeh stupid i know)
every part of my life is being ruined by anxiety and panic
i dont go out anymore for fear of having a panic attack or somthing bad happning
my mind is always going a million miles a minute all the time
The 2 very worst things , which worry the most ..because i fear im going insane
Nothing feels real to me anymore , Nothing..ive had weeks on end where ive thought everything is just a dream , i looka t my hands and fele that they dont belong to me and i dont feel that other people, are real?
ive lost all my emotions, the only emotions i feel now are unimaginable sadness (as i type this my eyes are swelling up with tears) and anger at why this is happning to me , i dont even feel love anymore towards my girlfreind off 2 years, i know i love her , but i just dont feel it
2nd most scary thing is, my short term memory is completely gone, and i cant find anywhere where it says that memeory loss is a sign of anxeity, iam only 1* so i dont think my memory should be going by now
like if i walk from my room to the bathroom, and come back..il remmeber what i "did" but i wont be able to visually remember it in my head,
When it hits me that i cant visually remmeber it, i start having a panic attack and things get 100x worse because i think im a skitzo or somthing
Can anyone tell me if memory loss has anything to do with axeity GAD
right now i feel panic sweep over me because i think people are going to reply to this saying "you sound like you have a seoruis problem"
All i want to do is wake up and feel normal again, i really cant deal with this anymore
I need somthing to take the pain away

Last edited by ms_mod; 10-19-2008 at 05:44 PM. Reason: Please don't post your age. Also removed part of post that is banned from discussion here.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-19-2008, 09:07 PM   #2
(female)

robinette2 HB User
Re: I cant deal with my own mind anymore

I totally understand what you are going through. My 24/7 anxiety started almost 6 yrs ago. I ask the question "Why does my mind think so different than others?" all the time. I dont know the answer, but I have to cope with it. My mind cannot drop things. If I hear about a heart attack and the symptoms,my mind will make those symptoms and I feel I am dying for months. What do I do about it? I try not to let it control me. I tell myself that I am stronger then this and I will not let it disable me. I continue to do my daily activities, no matter how bad I may be feeling, because if you dont, the anxiety won. Dont let it win. I always tell myself it is all in my mind, this is not real. Does it always work? No, but I dont give in to it.

Hope you get to feeling better. I know the struggle. Just always stay strong.

Old 10-19-2008, 11:48 PM   #3
(female)

leahmarie HB User

I agree. Just have a strong spirit and don't give up. Hold on to the things that meant to you most. Hope that it will give you the strength to fight your anxiety problems.

Have taken any medication or consulted you doctor lately?

Hope you get well soon. And good luck in every actions your gonna do to deal with your anxiety.

Old 10-20-2008, 04:44 AM   #4
(female)

robinegg HB Userrobinegg HB User

Hi There

I feel that some of your symptoms are caused from something other than just anxiety........
I had all of those symptoms the memory loss the inability to show emotion of feel it for me it was like a personality change I got angry real quick foggy head couldnt think straight tingling and numbness in my hands and feet short breathe,severe anxiety,vision problems palpitations,rapid heart beat,bowel problems stomach problems disturbed balance......I thought I was dying no one could find anything wrong this went on getting worse for years I found out this year I was B12 deficient I would recommend getting some tests it s not all in your head and I also believe there is a underlying cause to anxiety for me it was b12..
The tests you should have are
Full blood counts
Iron stores
Folate
B12 serum and the following are essential as they are elevated with a deficiency even if the B12 serum is in the so called normal Homocysteine & MMA the uMMA is more sensitive.....

make sure you get copies of the tests dont just let the doc tell you they are normal thats what happened to me then it got so bad it was really low and I was really ill....I couldnt even be on my own felt nervous paraniod just terrible..

Good Luck

Last edited by ms_mod; 10-20-2008 at 06:21 AM. Reason: Removed unnecessary quote. Ms_Mod

Old 10-20-2008, 03:53 PM   #5
(female)

VRL HB User

For whatever reason our bodies and our minds don't connect anymore isn't as important as getting help. Maybe it is temporary, no telling. Mine began with a few incidences that took me by surprise. It escalated. Till it didn't stop day or night. Finally went to the doc and started Buspar a month ago. Meanwhile I'm having thyroid testing. There is something going on there and making my mind go haywire. Whatever the cause, there is a way to get this under control.

Old 10-23-2008, 10:22 AM   #6
(female)

thisislex HB User

I know exactly what you're going through. I've felt like i was in a dream for months, i also thought that everything was in my head and i was crazy. But the thing is, it's totally UNTRUE! you have anxiety.

Just tell yourself you have anxiety. Seriously, do you really think our minds are capable of dreaming like this? No, we're all people, and our minds may be advanced, just not THAT advanced.

That always helped me. It gets better!! I promise! If you haven't already, make sure you get on medication. it helps alot. Just tell yourself it will get better it will get better, because it does.

I know what you're going through, i know how hard it is, but think about how much stronger you are now. Think about how much you'll be able to accomplish. I'm also in my teens, and this has made me grow up so much faster.

I think it changes us for the better, for the most part.

Closed Thread