It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2008, 04:57 PM   #1
(male)

morpion6 HB User
Lexapro, Xanax and EXTREME FATIGUE

Don't want to bore you with my story...bottom line is for the last month I was put on 20mg of Lexapro(I had done Paxil for 6 yrs, thought I was better, struggled for 6 months to get off and the serious anxious thoughts came right back) and then he's given me Xanax in the meantime...I take .5 3 times a day, a whole one at night.

So, here's the problem....I AM EXHAUSTED!!!!!!!!!!!! Can barely get out of bed, want to sleep the entire day-even though its only my eyes closed; nap in my car. Its a level of fatigue I can't see I can live with. Don't want to talk to anyone because I feel TOO tired. Tried Red Bull to get energy..STILL exhausted!

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? How'd you deal with it?

PS I used to do 3-5miles a day on the elliptical..now I just want to sleep!!!!

Old 11-13-2008, 09:50 AM   #2
(female)

twinmommy2 HB User
Re: Lexapro, Xanax and EXTREME FATIGUE

I have taken xanax but never at that dose. Have you tried cutting back. My doctor prescribes Ativan for me and I take .5 mg at night only. Helps take the edge off and I can sleep.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-13-2008, 09:58 AM   #3
(male)

morpion6 HB User

Just spoke with my doctor and found out that taking Prilosec for heartburn might be causing the Xanax to build up in my system...I HOPE that's what's happening. He says it doesn't fit a side effect for Lexapro. Its been BRUTAL!!!!!!!

Thanks for your reply!!

Old 11-13-2008, 09:03 PM   #4
(female)

violet312s HB User

20mg Lexapro is a heavy dose. A very heavy dose. Most do with 10mg unless you have a heavy tolerance or need higher doses due to body type. Can't comment on the Xanax as I avoid that stuff like the plague and opted for Buspar.

I'm on 10mg Lexapro and need about a gazillion alarm clocks to get up in the morning. The stuff works though. I started off at 5mg and had to bump up to 10mg to get it to work properly.

I think your doc might be a bit over the top on both meds.

Old 11-14-2008, 09:00 AM   #5
(female)

8monthslater HB User

Why don't you just try breaking the xanax in half and only taking it as needed. I take .25 mg in the evenings and Prozac 10 mg in the morning. I think if I took that much xanax I wouldn't be able to get out of bed. Seems like a lot.

Old 11-19-2008, 10:42 PM   #6
(female)

wailana HB User

I'm on 10mg Lexapro and use xanax, .25 as needed. If you don't need to take the Xanax, don't take it, just as needed. Lexapro made me very sleepy and I tried taking it at night so I won't be sleepy. Didn't work for me. The Lexapro works great with me but the side effects are too much to bear. I've been on Lexapro for 6 months and before that about 1-2 years. I'm working my way off of it so I can gain back some motivation and be less of a zombie.

Old 11-20-2008, 05:11 AM   #7
(male)

morpion6 HB User

I am now on Lexapro 20mg and Klopolin 1mg....the latter was to switch me off Xanax...I had a hoooooorrible time on it...I don't want to go 10miles near it again. I am still going through withdrawal a week later but for the first time today the side effects seem minimal(they have been as bad as SEVERE this past week) so I am happy to be getting over it.

I don't notice any side effects from the Lexapro...I pray it stays that way. Klopolin makes me tired within about 30min of taking it.

Old 11-26-2008, 01:37 PM   #8
(male)

java junkie HB User

Well I'm not sure if this is for you but it sure worked for me. I had a hunch that I was having problems with the digestion of my food so I took a food intolerance blood test through (ThinkRite systems) and surprisingly enough I found I had several foods that were giving me problems. I didn't really realize that food could effect my mood swings as well as my anxiety and sense of stability as much as they had but after getting my results back, removing the problem foods and hanging in there for about 6 weeks with little change I suddenly began to see a turn around. That was 3 years ago and now I wake up every day feeling normal. Thank God! I was also suffering from Chronic Fatigue and IBS as well....ALL GONE! Hope this helps

Closed Thread