It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2008, 03:14 PM   #1
(male)

WIDOWmakeR91 HB User
I feel like i lose my breath for a second.

Here lately i have been feeling like something just sucks the wind out of me. afterwards i dont gasp for breath or anything it only lasts for a second. It is kind of scary because my number one fear is my heart and i always think it is heart related, even though i have had all of the tests done. I just would like to know if anyone else gets this quick feeling of losing your breath. i have been studying it and it seems to happen alt when something unexpected happens like earlier i was holding a pill in my hand and the principle walked by and it happened at that moment so i am thinking it is anxiety related. please reply and tell me what you think. Thanks, matt.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-14-2008, 12:26 PM   #2
(female)

idreamofsilence HB User
Re: I feel like i lose my breath for a second.

I get that, I got it today when I was in the car. I was looking at my eye in the mirror because it looks bloodshot and I feel like maybe I forgot to breathe or something and my heart skipped and then raced for a second like I was going into a panic attack and couldnt breathe. So scary.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-17-2008, 07:31 AM   #3
(male)

BIGDREW HB User
Re: I feel like i lose my breath for a second.

That is exactly what I experience. It will happen and then I am focusing on my breathing and then I become afraid that if I am not focusing on it that I will stop breathing. I got so worked up one time that I had to go to the ER. I had already done enough damage to my body by going on a weekend bender, so when the panic attack set in it was even worse. My body was telling me I needed to sleep, but I was afraid that if I fell asleep I would stop breathing and die. Once I got to the ER I immediately relaxed and fell asleep. I guess I figured if I stopped breathing that professionals would be there to help me so I relaxed.

Closed Thread