It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2009, 10:34 PM   #1
Inactive
(male)

Lourage HB User
Does your face/ears/neck turn red?

When your in an anxious situation? I had this like all my life! Not even the beta-blocker i take stops it! I just get these surges of adrenalin ( fight or flight) and the only thing my body can do is make my face turn beat red! But whats bad, is only recently i found out when that happens, that it's my blood pressure rising crazy high. I always thought that when it happened it was just anxiety and it did no harm. But now knowing that it is my blood pressure, i find myself thinking about it so much, and even when i'm not in a anxious/embarrassing situation, my ears will turn red and stay red and hot! It's like the only relief is going into a freezer and cooling off.

What will help this? Maybe a different type of beta-blocker? i'm taking metoprolol right now, and all that does it slow my heart rate... for a few hours until it wears off! Do i sound like someone who needs to look into benzos to calm me down? Already tried Paxil/lexapro as far as the SSRI's go. I got a script for effexor but have been waiting to start taking them cause i'm worried about them causing elevated blood pressure.

Last edited by Lourage; 01-11-2009 at 10:38 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-11-2009, 10:48 PM   #2
(female)

justhope HB User
Re: Does your face/ears/neck turn red?

My boyfriend has that same problem. He cannot take SSRI's but has a severe anxiety issue. His doctor prescribed trazadone to help him sleep. My boyfriend takes just one to control his anxiety and it really works. He told his doctor about this and he thought it was a great idea. The one pill does not make him tired but does control his SEVERE anxiety... So maybe try talking to your doctor about that. Since he has been doing that his face has cleared up (his anxiety tends to make him break out, he is 27 <BY THE WAY>) and he hasn't turned red since. I wish you the best. I have an outsiders opinion but it has truly helped him, but like I said, he has SEVERE anxiety...so bad, in the midst of a panic attack he will pass out...which scares me so...but the trazadone has really helped to calm his nerves...

Last edited by ms_mod; 01-12-2009 at 10:14 AM. Reason: As per the posting rules, ALWAYS use WHOLE words in your posts. Ms_Mod

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-11-2009, 11:00 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

Lourage HB User
Re: Does your face/ears/neck turn red?

I will look into it. I don't get bad enough that i pass out, but i feel like i'm going to make myself have a stroke lol. Maybe it's something in the water here! Long Island here too , suffolk! small world.

Closed Thread