It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2009, 01:22 PM   #1
(male)

anders15 HB User
Weird Symptoms...almost unexplainable.

I was wondering if anyone experiences any weird symptoms and if this can really be cause by anxiety. I've been through numerous tests numerous drs. everything, and i'm wondering if my mind can really be this overwhelmed to make all these weird things happen to my body.

Each and EVERY day I have constant anxiety, and have been like that for the past year. I've learned to cope with it a little bit, but when I have the attacks it's the worst. I feel so disabled when in the midst of a panic attack. Like this can't be real and that I just know I'm going to die because no one is ever supposed to feel this bad unless there on there death bed.

I also get these weird muscle spasm and I get anxiety and feel like i'm not in this world at all when I go certain places like the gym, or anywhere for that matter. I just feel like I can literally see right through people, it's so awkward. Also when I don't get enough sleep it seems to send my anxiety into an uproar and it's like my mind knows my body is physically worn down, but it just won't shut down and go to sleep because I start to worry and have an attack and think i'm going to faint and no one will be here to revive me.

Sorry my post is lengthy but it's been to long and I've had to take a year off of school and off of sports because of this and I've been dealing with it for the past 2 years, I'm enrolling back in college next fall and just want to be normal and not have this huge burden of anxiety on my shoulders. I take klonopin .5 mg twice daily which does seem to work.

I also get bad bouts of acid reflux and my sleeping habits are horrible along with my eating habits. Not that i lost my appetite just that everything I eat seems to go right through me. Which poses my main problem. My STOMACH. I have horrible gas pains, also a burning sensation almost constantly (not acidic related), cramps, occasional nausea, and unexplainable feelings in my stomach that are sometimes horrid.

I've had a colonoscopy and upper GI which they found nothing at all and just think I have IBS and most of it's from my nerves but I'm just wondering can this truely be the cause. I feel alone like no one can relate because I feel so terrible and my life has been altered so much from this I just need some reassurance or someone that can connect to parts of what I'm saying. Anything, I mean anything would help.. Please leave a post of some of the weird symptoms you've experienced or some reassurance.

thanks and god bless.

Last edited by ms_mod; 02-26-2009 at 05:35 PM. Reason: Broke post into paragraphs to make it easier to read. Ms_Mod

The following user gives a hug of support to anders15:
djc4294 (02-21-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-26-2009, 07:39 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

j2006 HB User
Re: Weird Symptoms...almost unexplainable.

That feeling that you have is what I have been going through for a long time. It is much better now but still not where I want to be. Depersonalization is what my Dr called it. When I get this feeling, which is most of the day, I try to focus on a specific item in the room and look at the details; ie: color, texture, etc. and at the same time I put my hand on my belly and focus in on my breathing. This calms me down for the moment.

No one does well when they don't get the proper sleep. I think that people with anxiety is probebly worse when tired. I don't sleep well and It puts me in that depersonalization state.

Klonopin has helped me - but CBT and the book Hope and Help for your Nerves I keep with me at all times. Have you heard of this book?

Anxiety can bring on all sorts of sensations through your body - try to stay calm and make sure you are breathing the correct way.

Old 02-26-2009, 08:06 PM   #3
(female)

lonelygurl2 HB User

Sounds like you should be asking your doctor to try something like Effexor (SNRI) or Prozac (SSRI) for the anxiety. These are two of many that are suppose to be good for anxiety disorders. There are other ones available. klonopin is just a short term relief, whereas the other medications work over the long term. They take several weeks to even notice a difference.

The stomach upset is probably typical of many of us anxiety sufferers. I also have those problems and currently take two different stomach pills because, over the years my GERD has become unbearable at times. Being anxious all the time leaves your body in high stress mode, which mess up your digestive system as well.

Old 02-27-2009, 05:28 AM   #4
(female)

dreamingdenali HB User

I have horrendous gas pains and bloating too -- only at night, for the most part, but I had gastroenteritis a few weeks ago and seem to have ended up with IBS now. I have severe anxiety/panic disorder and am trying acupuncture today. It is awful. I feel for you. I can't sleep and struggle to eat at night because I am afraid I am going to be awake listening to my stomach gurgle. It seems like an endless cycle -- I get anxious, my stomach bothers me, that makes me even more anxious, which makes my stomach hurt more.

Klonopin helps me as well, but I try not to use it too much. I am hoping this whole thing just goes away on its own. I really only have bloating/gas/abdominal pain, none of the "run like hell to the bathroom" problems that most IBS sufferers have. So I am lucky in a way, I guess.

I hope you get better soon.

Closed Thread