It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2009, 10:18 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

mochi* HB Usermochi* HB User
Exclamation TRYING Prozac input please!!! also, noise sensetivity advice....

Well, after almost ten years of jumping from one form of anxiety to another I have had it!! This has effected my life much too much, it has gotten to a point where I sometimes cannot function, and I am almost 29 and have put so much of my life on hold out of fear, or because I have been incacpabole, intermittently of sleeping, eating or focusing because I am so anxious/stressed/fatigued all the time!!

My primary diagnosis is OCD, and I am mostly a "pure O" type, meaning I mostly just have the negative intrusive thoughts, but I do have some checking ebhaviors as well, with the stove and locks, etc....My OCD is worst when stressed and, at night before bed.

The biggest concern for me now is that for the past 5 years anxiety has SERIOSULY hindered my ability to get quality rest, I am very anxious sometimes about going to sleep, or I should say I am more anxious that I might be unable to sleep...Because I have suffered insomnia periodically during my lifetime, I have now developed a much-more-annoying fear of insomia, whihc creates enough anxiety around bedtime that sometimes i cannot sleep--OFR HOURS or until I take some sedatives.
Yuck!
With a lot of therapy, this particualr fear has certainly has improved, however, I still get overly-anxious when thwe settings for sleep do not feel familiar or "right"
I need complete dark and quiet, and can obsess and be kept awake or/awakened by the silliest noises.
If there is too much light or noise I will fret over it so much that I will toss and turn and not sleep--these are things that would normally not bother people, I know I am being hyper-sensetive, and during travel, etc...I cannot always control my sleeping space, nor do i want to need to.....
I believe that if I can stop obsessing over sleep/loosuing so much sleep and generally become less anxious I can achieve my full potential in life...I have tried everything from A-Z in natural medicine, of which I am a true believer, but I am sorry to say i have had little success...hough meditation and yoga make stress easier to copw with and calms the anxiety a bit, it still seems to require constant montiering and it is exhausting!!!!!
I want my life back and I want myself back I am so anxious all the time I can barely focus or live my life~!~~
It gets in the way of my carrer, my relationships, sleep, everything!!!
I don;t even know what I asm so anxious about, I just feel like ym mind is always reeling--lots of anticipatory anxiety--especially if I am underslept orworried about sleep.
So dumb!!!
Anways, sorry i am rambling, if you hadn;t already guessed, I am feeling very anxious and exhausted tonight, have not been sleeping well--just moved back in with my family while I try to put my ife back together, but the dog barks so much it is driving me NUTS and causing me to loose sleep--anticipatory anxiety, fear of being woekn up and loosing sleep I think.

Arggg....

Does anyone else have this weird noise sensetivity thing? I tried getting a fan, etc to drown out unwanted noise, but it just irriataes me too!! I don't want to be so sensetive--I wasn't always! Is this a symptom of anxiety-I think it is. i HAVE Anext to impossible time blocking out most sounds, especially when trying to sleep.

Anyways, the Dr. just prescribed me prozac, adn I am terrified but I need to get on wigth my life, so I am goinfg to try it!
Anyone with similiar anxiety have success with prozac?
I know my posting was all over the place.
Gotta love anxiety/fatigue and lack of ability to focus!
Thanks for reading!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-15-2009, 09:08 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

JewelryJulie HB User
Re: TRYING Prozac input please!!! also, noise sensetivity advice....

I would say a couple of things to you. Buy earplugs at your local drug store. I have the noise sensitivity thing, and they work. I would ask your dr. for sleep meds for the immediate time while you are undergoing therapy. I would also NOT take prozac for anxiety as it is mostly for depression. (I am not a dr.) There are meds that are for anxiety specifically. Also, just fyi, I was suicidal on prozac as have been some people. You need to figure out what is at the root of your anxiety. This is done in a good therapist's chair. The more you can do "self talk" when you feel the beginnings of anxiety, you will be able to lessen or eliminate the "attack." The self talk is something like this: "I am causing this, I can stop this." Slow your brain and your breathing down.
Best wishes. Julie

Old 04-16-2009, 05:31 PM   #3
(male)

mrt7777 HB User
Re: TRYING Prozac input please!!! also, noise sensetivity advice....

I take it for anxiety....

I works really well for me.

Closed Thread

Tags
noise, prozac, sleep