It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2009, 11:50 AM   #1
(male)

TheAngelGabriel HB User
Head feeling causing anxiety, or Anxiety causing head feeling??

The past week i've had a strange feeling in my brain which feels like i'm kind of dizzy, foggy, can't seem to focus and kind of like i'm going mad.

No headaches it's more of a numbness type feeling and sometimes is in the back of my eyes or "something" is in the center of my brain causing problems.

I've had anxiety for years and it comes and goes but, mostly comes. I take 2-3 mgs of clonazepam and it helps pretty well but this head feeling just bothers me! I don't know if it's anxiety/meds that's causing it or if i actually have a brain problem of some kind...it's starting to worry me of course for i fear i'm going to die or something soon.

Any ideas what it could be? I start to get in full panic when i feel this way.
Palpitations, breathing weird, going crazy, fear of dying etc.

Thanks - Gabriel

Last edited by TheAngelGabriel; 04-16-2009 at 02:21 PM.

Old 04-16-2009, 05:24 PM   #2
(male)

mrt7777 HB User
Re: Head feeling causing anxiety, or Anxiety causing head feeling??

I feel the same way. .

Ive been fogy for the last year now.

The only thing they found wrong with me is allergies.

I have pretty bad allergies, so that might be causing it.

I also know that stress, anxiety and bad diet can cause the loopy feeling also,

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-16-2009, 06:47 PM   #3
(female)

CANEY GIRL HB User

Do you have any sinus pressure? I agree that allergies will make you feel strange and not yourself and then the worry and anxiety makes it worse.

Old 05-07-2009, 04:21 PM   #4
(male)

TheAngelGabriel HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANEY GIRL View Post
Do you have any sinus pressure? I agree that allergies will make you feel strange and not yourself and then the worry and anxiety makes it worse.
Well right now it's back...it's so weird!! I have no headache but something like i looked at the sun, got that weird feeling in my head cause it was so bright or like i just did a couple of quick spins on the chair and stood up although my balance is fine.

Oh also, last night i was having these twitches right when i would start to sleep that would wake me up...cause of this strange feeling in my head. I don't know, i hope it's all anxiety so i won't have to worry so much.

Old 05-11-2009, 07:43 AM   #5
(female)

Foxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB User

Gabriel, I have been feeling the same way lately and the feeling in my head is actually causing some serious anxiety issues as well. It always starts when allergy season hits, and I know it's from my allergies, but I still get paranoid so it puts me into an anxiety attack. I feel ilke theres this pressure in my head and I get like this off-balance feeling, kinda like your on a ship, like unsteadiness. It is very annoying! I found that sometimes taking Benadryl helps that feeling go away. Give it a try sometime and see if it helps you out. I know with allergies, it can cause balance issues because of the sinus cavity being linked to the eustacian tubes in the ear, if it gets inflamed it can cause fluid build up behind the eardrum and cause your equalibrium to get out of whack. Hope this helps.

Old 05-11-2009, 11:35 AM   #6
(female)

supereen HB User

I get this too. My face feels congested from the allergies and sinus issues, which feels a lot like how I feel when I have an attack, which sets me off. Its a vicious cycle, ain't it??

Old 06-12-2009, 12:36 PM   #7
(male)

shfer HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAngelGabriel View Post
Well right now it's back...it's so weird!! I have no headache but something like i looked at the sun, got that weird feeling in my head cause it was so bright or like i just did a couple of quick spins on the chair and stood up although my balance is fine.

Oh also, last night i was having these twitches right when i would start to sleep that would wake me up...cause of this strange feeling in my head. I don't know, i hope it's all anxiety so i won't have to worry so much.
it is,
Allergies make <YOU> feel awful, sinus makes <YOU> feel fatigued and extremely tired , causing <YOU>more anxiety, worrying to death , worrying if something is worse, if something will get worse, will it go away, will it come back , its horrible I had horrible today, evenings are better for me...

Last edited by ms_mod; 06-12-2009 at 03:13 PM. Reason: As per the posting rules, always use whole real words in your posts. Also removed banned word. Ms_Mod

Old 06-13-2009, 11:15 PM   #8
(female)

tulum HB Usertulum HB User

How is the stress/tension level in your upper back/shoulders/neck? Sometimes (from my own experience) I feel those strange head sensations because I have tight muscles in my upper back/shoulders/neck area.

Maybe try a massage if it isn't allergies?

Old 06-14-2009, 02:26 AM   #9
(male)

sparkyireland HB User

Take comfort in the fact that you are not alone, and of course take comfort that you are still here

I have been foggy headed as I like to call it for about 3 years. I have a mixture of daily head pressure, neck pain and pressure, sinus problems, allergy, terrible acid reflux, eye pain, back pain, anxiety, random sharpe chest pain, palpitations, and just a general feeling of terrible everyday. It really can wear you down feeling like this everyday. I had asthma as a child which I grew out off and I would even say that that is starting to make a reappearance

I think that all the symptoms are linked, but I don’t want to believe that anxiety could cause them all, I believe that anxiety is just making thinks worse. I believe that the problem is causing anxiety rather than anxiety causing the problems, although I know how powerful anxiety and the mind can be.

I wont give up untill I feel better, stay strong

Last edited by sparkyireland; 06-14-2009 at 02:26 AM.

Old 07-04-2009, 09:34 AM   #10
(male)

A_M_C HB User

I'm also a long time sufferer. On again, off again. I'm now on again (unfortunately). I'm 50 and this has been going on with me for most of my life. I've never taken any kinds of meds (except Wine). My doctor did give me a prescription of xanax but I'm to afraid to try it...Dumb huh?

I posted this in reply to Gabriel's just before falling asleep weird feelings. This has also been happening to me. It's kind of like a flash of fear feeling. It's not from thinking about anything in particular, it just happens. Well anyways, it's annoying but I know it'll go away sometime soon.

Old 07-06-2009, 09:10 PM   #11
(male)

JimB HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAngelGabriel View Post
The past week i've had a strange feeling in my brain which feels like i'm kind of dizzy, foggy, can't seem to focus and kind of like i'm going mad.

No headaches it's more of a numbness type feeling and sometimes is in the back of my eyes or "something" is in the center of my brain causing problems.

Thanks - Gabriel
I have the same symptom exactly as you describe off and on. I actually think it is a very common symptom of stress among the general population. I'm not taking any anti-anxiety meds, but I do take Ambien. However, I doubt it is a side effect. It is very annoying, but it doesn't seem to affect my daily life. I don't think it is a cause to worry unless there are other symptoms that, when taken together, could be symptomatic of a specific disorder.

Last edited by JimB; 07-06-2009 at 09:11 PM.

Closed Thread