It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2009, 03:28 PM   #1
Inactive
(male)

inglewood HB User
Question My heart feels like it almosts stops!

I have agoraphobia and anxiety pretty bad especially when Im tired. I dont leave home at all because of my fears. Anyway, Ive had this problem since my anxiety has been bad but when Im real tired usually and anxious my heart almost feels like it stops for a slipt second. Enough to scare the crap out of me. It isnt a flutter I dont think, it almost takes my breath away for a slipt second sometimes and my panic sometimes gets worse. Sometimes I dont have to be so anxious. I can be sitting around doing some reading and it will do it. Like this sort of thump or or something that usually isnt that severe unless my anxiety is bad.

It hasnt been a very big issue ovee the years and doesnt happen often enough for me to be concerned but it did it last night while I had been watching a movie and I was extremely tired and on top of anxiety the heart thing happens probably 5 times through out the movie. Once I went to bed after the movie I was fine. Do you guys just think its anxiety releated? Oh yeah sometimes when I breath in real deep it does it and I mean real deep. Usually when my anxiety is bad and I take deep breaths my heart will do that weird thump. Thats rare though.

Last edited by inglewood; 04-24-2009 at 03:30 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-25-2009, 12:09 PM   #2
(male)

tdickason HB User
Re: My heart feels like it almosts stops!

I get that ... they call it sinus arrythmia or somethng... its scary but for all the tests they have done on me.. icluding a holter monitor they found nothng to be concerned about.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-25-2009, 06:22 PM   #3
(male)

cbal602 HB User

I have the same issue, like to the T, i was told it is all anxiety related, the deep breathing issue, that is a strain on you r heart, you can get it from activity too, it mainly a defect that we as humans all have, lets face it we are all not created equal.

Old 04-27-2009, 09:36 PM   #4
(male)

laserred02 HB User

I have the same feeling at times and it has been found to be a very common and very benign arrhythmia, either a PVC or PAC. Most everyone gets them, some just feel them more often than others. If they persist or occur a few times in a row, or they just bother you enough, go see a doctor to set your mind at ease.

Old 04-29-2009, 07:38 PM   #5
(male)

SPC123 HB User

I had this happen to me. It would happen from time to time, then one night started happening more frequently. It would make me kinda light headed for a split second, and to me felt like my heart was skipping a beat. Eventually I got so freaked out, I drove myself to the emergency room. Luckily it was about 3am and there were no cars on the road because I had to be doing about 100 mph the entire way. Once I got in the hospital and hooked to the EKG, I calmed down, and it never happened. The emergency doc on call was new, which was kinda good for me, because she refered me to a cardiologist. The cardiologist was and older guy with a ton of experience who knew his job inside out. He explained the situation to me and said it happens to most people, but that most don't realize it. He then said it was ridiculous that a 25 year old man would be refered to a cardiologist for this. lol

From my perspective, I was glad I was, because having a guy who obviously knows what he's talking about tell me it was fine really helped. In fact, this was 5 years ago, and I can count on one hand the number of times I have noticed my heart do this since.

Closed Thread