It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2009, 01:38 PM   #1
(female)

PAUSA HB User
Question Anti anxiety meds with the least side effects

I'm pretty much at my wits end... I have great days and then terrible days with anxiety and ocd and today is one of the terrible ones :-( I just had to take .5mg of Xanax because I was feeling so awful all day. Anxiety that kept coming and going, but would never really leave. Anyway, I'm thinking that I need to be on a daily anti anxiety medicine, but I'm so nervous about going on one because of the side effects. I've been on soooo many before and they never work or I don't give them a chance to work because I feel so terrible on them. The only one I ever had good luck with was brand specific Zoloft. When I tried the generic one it wasn't good at all.

My main concerns are weight gain, nervousness and being jittery, and mood swings.

I have anxiety really bad and ocd really bad, but I don't know if one is causing the other. Any tips on what kinds of meds I should try would be really really appreciated. I can't deal with this all the time anymore, it's taking over my life and I need to find something that works. Thanks everyone :-)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-03-2009, 04:11 PM   #2
(male)

greg1x HB User
Re: Anti anxiety meds with the least side effects

Have you tried or thought of Buspar as a daily anit-anxiety med ? No addicitonb potential and minimal side effects. I have not noticed any in my case. Greg

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread