It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2009, 07:48 PM   #1
(male)

letmelive HB User
Major anxiety day after drinking

So when I drink a good amount in one night the next morning when I wake up I am a wreck.. i'm not just talking about a hangover (if I even have one) but the fact that my nerves are out of control and I have really serious anxiety. I will have to take deep breaths throughout the day when my anxiety gets really bad and it is just an awful feeling. I just want to lay in bad all day because I am so nervous.. I mean this sucks because can't a guy go out to drink with friends and have fun? I don't drink often at all but when I do the next day is terrible. my anxiety is through the roof. If I drink some light beer and don't drink that much I will be fine but it's when I drink a lot and especially if it's mixed drinks, heavy beer etc.. Does anyone else get this feeling at all? any tips?

Old 06-08-2009, 08:00 PM   #2
(female)

mitchellk HB User
Re: Major anxiety day after drinking

let me live..
i can drink just to get a slight buzz and wake up with the anxiety. shakiness, dizziness and I feel all confused and dis oriented..
My doctor prescribed me to .5 clonazapam... i take half of one and i am fine. I don't take a lot of pills and despite my severe anxiety i still very seldomly take my prescription.. but the dr prescribed those for the reason that I do not NEED to take them unless its completely necessary, like a night after drinking.
feel better.

also i noticed drinking a glass of water between drinks helos.and as tired as <YOU>are from drinking..fight it until your buzz sort of wears off..you'll feel 100 times better

Last edited by ms_mod; 06-09-2009 at 08:12 AM. Reason: As per the posting rules, always use whole, real words in your posts. Ms_Mod

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-08-2009, 08:18 PM   #3
(male)

letmelive HB User

Thanks for the reply. that is a good idea.. I actually have a couple .25 mg of xanax left and if I decide to go out this weekend I am going to eat one the second I wake up.. because the day morning after drinking as soon as I open my eyes this anxiety bomb just hits me hard. it's crazy.. I do get really shakey too.. i'll see how the pill helps me on days like that and if it works i'll talk to my dr. about it etc.

I will try drinking some water too between drinks and see how that does.. thanks for the advice..

I have read some threads on here before on the same subject and supposedly drinking does supress your nerve system and that is why you get anxiety and shakes when the alcohol is leaving your body.. It doesn't happen to everyone but I think it mostly effects people with anxiety problems.

Old 06-09-2009, 09:20 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

cvoor HB User

I had to stop drinking, it increased my anxiety ten fold. I stay away from Alcohol. I feel much better without drinking, but I miss it, and would like to drink at special occasions, but I know how it makes me feel the nxt day. I'm talking serious upset stomach, shakes, horrible anxiety, not worth it to me anymore.

Old 07-09-2009, 06:23 PM   #5
(male)

TPcity HB User

I can't drink either without feeling terrible the next day. Taking anti anxiety meds, then driknking (depresent) is a bad combo. Maybe I'm getting older too, but the next day I'm depressed and sick everytime all day. Just not worth it. I find feeling great in the morning with energy out weighs any buzz I get from drinking. It took a long time for me to relize this, but I'm much happier. My 1st priority is controlling my anxiety, not getting drunk.

Old 07-10-2009, 12:44 PM   #6
(female)

ceg741 HB User

Hi all,
I find myself in a vicious cycle when it comes to anxiety and alcohol.I get very self conscious much of the time in social settings and would drink before i went out to calm myself, then while out to keep the buzz going.Thing is the next day would be awful.Cant breathe,shaky,rcing thoughts,you know the feelings.Anyway i have cut down and am trying without as much alcohol.I find if i do drink now and this isnt excessive i hasten to add,i am not really enjoying it as all i am thinking about is how im going to feel when i get home that night and the next day.I have answered a similar thread to this before,i have to wonder is the anxiety of the next day worth the alcohol.I just dont know.

Closed Thread