It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2009, 12:27 PM   #1
(female)

Luvmydog HB User
Heart attack or panic attack?

Does anyone know how to absolutely tell the difference between an actual heart attack versus a panic attack? Thanks for any input. I know most might say if you are not sure go to an ER......But for those of us with chronic anxiety and Panic Attacks know that you can wear out your welcome there. That happened to me a few years ago when I lived in another city. Now that I am "somewhat" stable on meds, there are times when those "heart attack" feelings occur. Thankfully I have NOT had to visit my local ER since I have moved to a new city. I know there MUST be something definitive which would indicate to someone having anxiety that is just that..........not a heart attack, just anxiety. Any input would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
Answer to: that awful jolt wake, panic, sheer terror, heart racing, sweating tbreeze27 Sleep Disorders 0 01-31-2008 01:13 PM
Panic attack or heart attack? How do we know? mariaannabelle Panic Disorders 3 07-18-2007 12:25 AM
Hot Flash or Heart Attack charpo Menopause 3 05-29-2007 03:54 PM
desperate-Perimenapausal or heart attack? julielee Menopause 25 02-19-2007 10:29 PM
Trouble discerning heart attacks from panic attacks, need advice. mr_panicky Anxiety 5 06-16-2006 02:41 AM