It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2009, 05:42 PM   #1
(female)

amarti41 HB User
Question Question about Clonazepam and Paxil

Hi I was wondering how long does clonazepam last in your system. I take 1mg at bedtime(10:00 Pm) only but by morning I feel anxious again. I also take Paxil 20mg in the morning but lately has not been helping at all. I have appointment with doctor next week. I was thinking of asking him to raise :my paxil dosage and maybe take clonazepam in the daytime too. Does anybody take clonazepam with paxil or with another depression medicine and how do you take it. Let me know

Thanks in advance.

Old 06-24-2009, 09:35 AM   #2
(male)

4Panic HB User
Re: Question about Clonazepam and Paxil

20 mg is a relatively low dose. Ask your doctor and I'm sure he'll bump you up to 40 mg. If that doesn't do the trick it's common to go up to 60 mg. I think 80 mg is the max. Just remember anytime you change your dosage you have to give it at least al month to start taking effect.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-24-2009, 09:44 AM   #3
(female)

amarti41 HB User

Thank you for reply. I was wondering if know anybody if you take clonazepam and paxil together. How long does clonazepam works.

Old 06-24-2009, 12:05 PM   #4
(male)

4Panic HB User

clonazepam is a benzodiazepine.
Paxil is a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI).

The two are very different. Don't get scared of the big words.

benzo's start to work within minutes to an hour, and usually last for a 6 to 8hours. Some people only take these as needed, for example, when they feel a panic attack coming on. Other times it's prescribed to be taken daily to keep you from feeling anxious/panicky. So it kicks in quick, and it works quick.

ssri's take about a month to start working and begin to help with anxiety over a period of time. It's more of a long term medication. Often times when you are first put on a ssri, doctors will give you benzo's until the ssri begins to kick in.

Old 06-29-2009, 09:41 AM   #5
(female)

amarti41 HB User

Any suggestions about how to take Paxil or another anti depression medicine and clonazepam together? Do you space the dosage out ? I take my paxil in the morning.

Old 06-30-2009, 01:35 PM   #6
(male)

4Panic HB User

The paxil should be taken around the same time every day. The clonazepam depends on how your doctor prescribed it. If he prescribed it for sleep and said to take it before bed, then by all means, do that. Some people only take them as needed, some people take 2 pills at the same time every day, some people cut the pills in half and take one in the morning, afternoon, and evening. So that all depends.

Old 07-09-2009, 08:33 AM   #7
(male)

rivered HB User

I also take both, I take both in the morning and they work great for me. I think if I were to take the Clonazepam at night, it would start to wear off in the morning.

By the way, I only take 10mg of Paxil and 1mg of Clonazepam in the morning and sometimes I take another 1mg of Clonazepam in the afternoon.

Last edited by rivered; 07-09-2009 at 08:38 AM.

Closed Thread