It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2009, 09:27 PM   #1
(male)

moonshot62893 HB User
Exclamation Help! Dizziness, Serious Anxiety

Hello, and thank you for reading this.

About 2 yrs ago, One day I was riding in the car with my parents when a tremendous feeling of fear came over me and i could not breath. I felt like I was going to faint. I became pretty worried about it and I would have tiny jolts of dizziness when i would try to get to bed. I started to notice these lumps all over my neck and head. So I go to the doctor about it and said its anxiety i was having. I was still nervous about those lumps so i went to another PhD and he gave me a CT Scan and a Glucose Tolerance Test. The CT scan of my brain did not show any tumors, but the Blood sugar Test showed that i had low blood Sugar (Hypoglycemia). I have been on a hypoglycemic diet for quite some time, but i still have random jolts of dizziness and anxiety daily. I would have anxiety attacks and dizziness every day in the same class because it was the same class where i had another very bad attack. which required me to be rushed to the nurse's clinic for some pepsi and smarties(not fun). I always keep a sugary snack in my pocket in case i dont feel well. But it just doesnt seem to work. I had a terrible attack at a cavaliers game about 3 months ago and i felt like i was on an elevator and i felt sooo dizzy.

Any information or suggestions on how to stop this dizziness would be great. I thought it was anxiety that was doing this at first, but back then it was not nearly as bad as these attacks are now. I have some serious anxietys that i need to overcome, and I just cannot seem to relax and let go and forget about what has happened in the past two years. I see all my friends drive and I feel like Im lost because I am too afraid to drive because i have that anxiety from those attacks and i dont want to faint all alone. i tend to have these attacks when im alone now after i had an attack on the way to school, in a large field, when i couldnt breath in the morning(i was all alone).

I would really like to get over this and be the carefree, loving kid i used to be. Please help me and give me some advice on how to get over the mental part of this, and prevent the physical part of these attacks from ever happening again. Thank you for your help.

God Bless.

Last edited by ms_mod; 07-09-2009 at 08:27 AM. Reason: Edited to remove posters age.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-09-2009, 10:36 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

The only name not taken HB User
Re: Help! Dizziness, Serious Anxiety

Dizziness is a very common symptom of anxiety, I used to get dizzy everytime I went to bed also.

Generally people fear being anxious, so they become scared of being in the same situation that prompted the initial feeling of anxiety, it's called conditioning.

I would advise you make an appointment with a Psychologist who can better explain how anxiety is prompted, and can teach you how to slowly remove the connection between places/events and feeling anxious.

Also make sure you have a good diet to maintain your blood sugar (as this can also cause dizzyness etc) and get plenty of exercise to help lower general stress and maintain a good level of metabolism.

Last edited by The only name not taken; 07-09-2009 at 10:37 PM.

Closed Thread