It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2009, 11:31 PM   #1
(male)

LL09 HB User
Feeling horrible anyone else?

Alright so I have had what I have been told is Generalized anxiety disorder for about 4 years now..I have all the common symptoms...constant anxiety, feelings of doom and feelings of something not being right with me..thinking i'm going to die...also the body symptoms, numbness,feeling like im going crazy....all kinds of chest pain and headaches, fevers, hot flashes...anyway I know i have all this and am quite aware of it all...some days are good and some are really bad..I am going on meds here soon...Anyway lately things have been pretty bad...the body pains have been crazy bad and even though some of the thoughts have subsided it has turned into more of an avoidance situation of certain things...last night I went out with my new girl of only a month or so and I started to get really hot in the face...my head,cheeks,neck were on fire! I didn't want to show it so I just played it off like nothing...then the anxious thoughts came in...oh no somethings wrong with me...what if i'm dying..and then it passed..then we were talking and I had this feeling of warmth going over my whole body in a bad way and like I wasn't really there..she asked if I was okay and said I looked flush..I just said I was fine...and last week the same thing happened to me so I always dont want to go out with her because i'm afraid something is going to happen to me or I am going to have a panic attack..( obviously I still go see her she makes me happy)but...I'm so sick of all this..I try to stay positive...listen ot self help things...think good things..and it all just comes back like a wave of doom that I can't seem to escape...I just want to feel normal again for once...have an entire day where I just feel like a normal happy person..ahh anyone else go through this stuff...where you think it's gone then comes back at the worst times? maybe i'm just venting but I had too! anyway thanks for reading

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-07-2009, 06:35 AM   #2
(male)

txdave35 HB User
Re: Feeling horrible anyone else?

Flushed face was my very first experience with panic anxiety. My dad had suffered a massive heart attack. I rushed home from work and met my sister to go to the hospital. I just remember my face had got so red that it even scared her.

Old 08-08-2009, 04:53 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User

I have had the generalized anxiety for years. It's so frustrating and so awful feeling this way. I hate it! I have alot of the symptoms, feeling of doom, death, feeling like I might choke or not breathe, feeling like I am not really here..kind of out of body experience, hot flashes, heart racing, all that...I am always afraid of catching a disease. I am stressed too. We are losing our house and I may be changing jobs here soon. So many changes. I just wanted to say that I can relate. Hang in there!

Old 08-08-2009, 06:44 PM   #4
(female)

ritualangst HB User

welcome to the boards lyricsRlife- sorry you are suffering so much- your anxiety/panic sounds very typical of most of us here- mine have been on-going for years- they start with a slight numbness on the left side of my body that sends tingles and electric like shock into my hands and feet (but only and always on the left side) then my heart starts racing and i get short of breath- i start to sweat and my face -neck and chest are flushed bright red- i start to feel totally disconnected from my body- i look in the mirror and see me but it doesn't feel like me- my hands shake i have an overwhelming feeling of impending doom- i am convinced i am having a heart attack and stroke all at the same time- i am crying and screaming at myself to take control but all i want to do is run down the street and beg anyone for help but of course i cannot move- i am too afraid i will collapse and just melt into a pile of bones and mush- it is out of control fear and it is the exact same way- in the exact same sequence and i am always fine but during it i truly believe THIS is the attack that is going to kill me- i hate it so much !!! have you seen a counselor? have you considered anti-anxiety medication? have you read any self-help books? i hope you find some answers soon-

Old 08-09-2009, 04:26 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

gigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB User

Your not alone -- I have had the same sensation in the face - at first I thought I was going through menapause but I am too young. I had every test and check up from the doctor so I know this is anxiety but this time it is showing up with different body symptoms. I had anxiety since my first divorce and my first bout would give me back pains, nervousness, avoiding situations, out of body experience, etc. How I controlled it then was lots of meditation and positive affirmations. If you can't sit still with meditation then you use walking meditation. Anxiety and depression go hand and hand so I also walked or exercised everyday for 30 minutes. There is also vitamins you can take to help with anxiety. Make sure your diet is not high in sugar always balance out with protein. I had it under control but it would come back from time to time. Now after 20 years, I still get stressful. It came back really strong so I am dealing with it again. So I went back to meditating, I see an accupunturist and that helps alot. I read self help books. Check out your local hospital - they have seminars to help the public or group therapy that doesn't cost that much. Sometimes seeing other people going through the same thing helps and your supported. I am trying the holistic way because I don't do well with medicine.

Old 08-09-2009, 04:31 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Also, I don't know if you read about this or not. Adrenline flows when you have a panic attack and anxiety. So your body has to absord the adrenline which leaves you tired, sore muscles, etc Plus, you tighten your muscles when anxiety is happening which also leaves you tired.

Old 08-19-2009, 01:02 AM   #7
(male)

LL09 HB User

Thanks Everyone! I am waiting for my insurance to go through so I can finally try and get some meds to take while I try to get rid of all this.. I have been reading self help books for a while..I am seeing a counsler and I am going on the Stress free program by Lucinda bassat...so hopefully something will work soon because it is holding me back from a lot! I am in the music business and when I can't write it really holds me back! I have started taking 8 Mintran mineral pills a day, 2 1000mg Fish oil and 2 Holy Basil pills a day and it seems to have dulled the anxiety and fear a bit...not totally but enough to help a bit...Again Thanks everyone we can fight this!

Old 08-23-2009, 10:57 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Alot of people with anxiety get flushed face plus your Pulse. Everything hurts in my body. I hate having this problem wish I was like normal people. Your adrenline goes throughout your body when you experience a panic or anxiety attack so it is absorbed in your muscles which makes you feel sore and tired. Your mind is so powerful that it can make you believe whatever your thinking. So what needs to be done is recondition the thoughts - I do meditations and positive affirmations.

Old 08-24-2009, 04:24 PM   #9
(female)

ceg741 HB User

Hello everyone.
For me GAD is extreme worry to the point in which you freak yourself out.Its always negative with me and i always think of the worst outcomes,its all i see.Worry i feel prepares me for the worst,im always on high alert.This isnt a positive feeling i hasten to add,its tiring,draining. Its as if worry helps me keep in control.Not good.

Closed Thread