It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2009, 06:29 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Looly HB UserLooly HB User
Anyone Wake Up With Real High Blood Pressure

For a few weeks I have been getting intermittant wake up calls getting me up out of sleep with extremely high blood pressure which results in extreme anxiety. When I wake up I know it's high because of the tingling in my body and a burn type of feeling.
Anyone else have this?

Old 09-08-2009, 06:55 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User
Re: Anyone Wake Up With Real High Blood Pressure

Yes, but mine turned out to be labile hypertension, which meant it was reading a false high. Take your BP several times, two minutes apart, and you will likely see a lower reading, which is more accurate.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-09-2009, 12:15 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
Re: Anyone Wake Up With Real High Blood Pressure

Nighttime used to be my worst time for increased high blood pressure and other health problems.

During the nighttime, almost all diseases and health problems get worse because of the body's natural changes to metabolism during the evening and night (ref:Circadian Rhythm).

High Blood Pressure and anxiety are caused, in part, by an imbalanced metabolism, <IN MY HONEST OPINION>. During the nighttime, an imbalanced metabolism can become that much worse due to night-time metabolism changes.

Improve one's metabolism and one can improve one's health and lessen night-time increases in symptoms.

Two relatively inexpensive and effective things that one can do to improve their metabolism are a very healthy diet and demanding, appropriate exercise. Personally, I cannot believe the significant improvements to my own health due to diet and exercise. I've been battling heart failure, Permanent Atrial Fibrillation, Chronically High Blood Pressure, among other nasty health problems, for over 20 years, and I am amazed at the improvements to my health due to exercise and diet.

Regards, and best of luck getting your blood pressure and anxiety problems under control!

⇒ I avoid common ordinary but unhealthy household items
⇒ Balanced, healthy diet
⇒ Exercise
⇒ I alter my Circadian Rhythm
⇒ I LOVE COREG!

Last edited by ms_mod; 09-09-2009 at 07:35 AM. Reason: As per the posting rules, always use whole, real words in your posts. Ms_Mod

Closed Thread