It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2009, 06:30 PM   #1
(male)

poweraid HB User
Anxiety and breathing

I used to get anxiety attacks at the gym all I had to take was a xanax so now I wake up in the morning and take a .50 and then a .50 in the afternoon and then a .50 before bed and its helped my attacks big time. from time to time daily I get the feeling I cant breathe or take in a full breath so I
do something to try and get my mind off of it,take a walk grab my wifes hand take a bath just something and its helped.Its like I cant take in a full breath. I think it might have to do something with my pain meds but ive been rushed by ambulance a few times with attacks and they have to give me adivan injectible to get me ok . I still get feelings like I cant take a full breath but I say to myslef ok just relax and its been working. But the 3x a day xanax has been working. On occasions ive had to take a extra but 3 has worked for now. I'm huge into working out and I kick box,when my heart gets going fast doing kick boxing i'll have a attack but i'll stop and think to myself this will go away and it does but I try not to get my heart beat that high anymore. I just want these attacks to go away forever and breathe normal again. Yes I have some stress in my life but m family is great. I'm just wondering if these attacks are caused by my pain meds. When I used to take my meds I used to get the euphoria feeling but now instead of the euphoria feeling I get a attack like I cant take in a full breath its awful having this feeling. Is there something better then xanax that can treat my attacks better so I dont get them and can breathe normal again.I also have chronic pain in my neck. But I still work out and I still kick box but my meds help me do these things. I have 1 more surgery to go and that will be my 5th and hopefuly my last

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-13-2009, 10:13 PM   #2
(male)

poweraid HB User
Re: Anxiety and breathing

out of 53 views no one can help or suggest something

Old 11-14-2009, 02:36 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

gigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB User
Re: Anxiety and breathing

Have you seen your doctor to talk about your breathing? Talk to your doctor first - ask him about the possible side effects. I used this medication years ago and never had any problems with it. I am not a medicine taker. For me, I tried it but it was like putting a band aid on my wound but never really fixed my problem. I wanted to know why I was feeling this way so I went to group session with other people who had the same problems with anxiety. Some people have to use medicine but I found a way to not use it. I went to acupuncture session which really helped, then I meditate, and exercise. Meditation and deep breathing has really helped me alot because when I do get the thought of "I am going to die or I can't breathe" I focus on my meditation and I do what you do, distract myself. It is only a thought and thought can be changed.

Closed Thread