It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2009, 11:33 AM   #1
(female)

star42 HB User
Ativan Alternative?

I've had numerous symptoms for awhile now. One can read through many of the posts I've made on that subject. I'm in the process of ordering supplements for the pain I experience. I've been told anxiety is the main cause for all of my symptoms which I really don't accept to be the main cause BUT I do know it definitely plays a role and only make things worse.

I've taken 1mg of Ativan twice and noticed that it did work to ease a lot of my symptoms such as the inner shaking/vibrations, twitches/tremors, pressure in head, face, and jaw. It calmed me down and made me sleepy. Problem is that I don't want to be on prescription meds so I'm looking for a natural alternative.

Thus far, I have read that supplements such as GABA, 5-htp, and L-theanine hep a lot. Has anyone tried any of these? I bought a bottle of 5-htp a few months ago but never used it. I'm thinking about trying the product True Calm which has all of the above in it.

Old 12-06-2009, 12:14 PM   #2
(male)

ExtremelyWired HB User
Re: Ativan Alternative?

I currently take L-Thiamine - 200 mgs (once daily) and another product called Calms Forte’ by Highlands (two pills, three times a day) They are both natural supplements. I would say they offer some benefit from anxiety, but nothing like you will get from Ativan. By adding natural supplements, you may be able to reduce your dosage of prescription meds considerably.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-10-2009, 08:32 AM   #3
(male)

confusedman304 HB User
Re: Ativan Alternative?

I tried natural supplements and they did nothing for my anxiety. Klonopin has helped a lot.

Closed Thread