It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2010, 09:57 AM   #1
(female)

agoodday HB User
do you have these physical symptoms?

I have been told I have anxiety. But the symptoms I suffer from feel real, physical. Does anyone else suffer from them? I want to stop looking for what is wrong with me, but I can't shake the feeling it's something physical and not mental.

1. Feel lightheaded every time I stand up, vision sometimes goes to black. Like I'm going to pass out.

2. Numbness, tingling in hands and feet.

3. Frequent urination.

4. Tinnitus (ringing in the ears)

5. Problem with my vision. Like I can't "see" the world around me.

6. Brain fog, fatigue.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-11-2010, 07:29 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

friendsville HB User
Re: do you have these physical symptoms?

I feel your pain,but don't have a solution.I'm wondering if you could go to a doctor
and be checked out for thyroid condition,low blood pressure,for instance.The vision problem woukl be my primary concern,of course.I heard that a neurotologist would be a decent idea.All medical people are smart,but perhaps you will hit on a perfect
match tio get well. Good luck. Bill

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-12-2010, 03:20 PM   #3
(female)

retrosugaflower HB User

i suffer from anxiety and have some of those symptoms. i get the tingling sensation only in my left arm and pinky finger, lack of concentration/focus, dizziness and frequent urination. recently I've started seeing floaters in my vision, which had me panicking. i saw an optometrist who said my vision is fine. anxiety can also cause feelings of unreality. i suffer from that. it's one of the worst symptoms. if i were you, i would go get some blood-work done. ultimately what got me to go see my doc was the fatigue. i started to feel like the life was being sucked out of me. i don't know the result yet. i'm worried i might be anemic. anyway, i urge you to go see your doctor, worrying will only make your anxiety worsen.

Old 04-12-2010, 03:36 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

EagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB User

I would definitely get blood work done. In addition to what has been mentioned, some of your symptoms could be caused by diabetes.

Anxiety can be caused by physical illness, or physical illness can be caused by anxiety. You have to treat everything comprehensively. One day doctors will treat the brain like it's an organ in our bodies instead of some mystery- when something goes wrong with another organ in your body, it affects your whole body, and same goes for the brain.

Old 04-12-2010, 08:39 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

hopalong_too HB User

You could also ask to have your Vitamin B12 and Vitamin D tested. A lot of your symptoms could be related to those specific vitamin deficiencies.

Old 04-12-2010, 10:04 PM   #6
(female)

agoodday HB User

thanks for all your posts! I've been going to the doctor for these symptoms for SO long and I feel like I've had every standard test done, and every time nothing is wrong with me. My doc is finally referring me to a neurologist. I have some family members who have autoimmune diseases, and what with my almost passing out every time I stand up and peripheral neuropathy, I'm wondering if it's nerve or maybe vascular?
Anyway, I'm just frustrated because after years of searching, my doc just told me that the searching is really just one of my symptoms and he assures me it's just anxiety. Really? Is this the 1800's? Should I be put to bed for my "nerves"?
I can't help but shake that this is a physical problem. But I do admit that the mind is a powerful thing and maybe it is just anxiety. That's why I wanted to compare notes and see if the physical symptoms are common among other anxiety sufferers.
Also, to the person who mentioned that feelings of unreality are a big symptom...I agree and would have to say that's my worst one too. < edited >
Thanks!

Last edited by hb-mod; 04-13-2010 at 02:56 AM. Reason: Please do not post disallowed websites, per Posting Policy. Thanks!

Old 04-13-2010, 06:10 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

gigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB User

Adrenline flows when you have anxiety and can cause blurry vision and tingle feeling in legs and arms.

Old 04-16-2010, 07:47 PM   #8
(female)

goingdaffy HB User

Some if not all of those symptoms are common with Thyroid problems. Since you're going to a Neurologist, you will probably get your thyroid levels tested.

Old 04-19-2010, 06:31 AM   #9
(male)

mmanila HB User

hi, how are you feeling?
i have floaters too and my opthalmologist did not said something bad. it waas last year, now my floaters seems to get worst. yes, i have anxiety problem. it causing me a lot on my health. i think i have all of this symptoms which to me are very real. most of the time i dont know what to do.

Old 04-19-2010, 06:37 AM   #10
(male)

unreal HB Userunreal HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by agoodday View Post
thanks for all your posts! I've been going to the doctor for these symptoms for SO long and I feel like I've had every standard test done, and every time nothing is wrong with me. My doc is finally referring me to a neurologist. I have some family members who have autoimmune diseases, and what with my almost passing out every time I stand up and peripheral neuropathy, I'm wondering if it's nerve or maybe vascular?
Anyway, I'm just frustrated because after years of searching, my doc just told me that the searching is really just one of my symptoms and he assures me it's just anxiety. Really? Is this the 1800's? Should I be put to bed for my "nerves"?
I can't help but shake that this is a physical problem. But I do admit that the mind is a powerful thing and maybe it is just anxiety. That's why I wanted to compare notes and see if the physical symptoms are common among other anxiety sufferers.
Also, to the person who mentioned that feelings of unreality are a big symptom...I agree and would have to say that's my worst one too. < edited >
Thanks!
It sounds like a chemical problem which will never be diagnosed. When doctors don't have a test for something they can say it's nerves or it's chemical. They mostly choose nerves because they can't be proven wrong.
What medications are you on or have you taken in the last two years?

Last edited by unreal; 04-19-2010 at 06:37 AM.

Old 06-17-2010, 06:02 AM   #11
(female)

chanel d HB User

i kinda feel these things , but i usally feel the unreality like im in space im not in my body sometimes i get scared i been feeling this for like 4 days straight its anoying

Old 06-24-2010, 01:55 PM   #12
(male)

xyz120 HB User

Are you by any chance taking any anti-anxiety medication such as benzodiazapines?

Old 06-28-2010, 07:21 AM   #13
Inactive
(female)

tammyp123 HB User

Hi,

I too have been suffering with general anxiety but Some of these are a part of general anxiety, and symptoms like the first 3 are not related to it, so you should see a doctor and get it staright!
Hope it helps.

Old 06-28-2010, 04:35 PM   #14
(male)

snapcrackle HB Usersnapcrackle HB Usersnapcrackle HB User

these are all symptoms of "anxiety"

frequent urination is due to being on edge all the time and nervous

the vision is tunnel vision, it naturally occurs when you are stressed or your life is in danger, its a response so you can only view your opponent or your stressor, which in this case is yourself, but is a normal response

everything else you mention is well normal for your condition

just fight it out, or talk to a professional if you need to, I had anxiety for years and it was underlying problems in my life that I chose to ignore or not being honest with myself that was causing this entire chain reaction of issues.

the only cure to this is some serious soul searching, drugs will only mask the problem and not take care of the source.

good luck

Last edited by ms_mod; 06-28-2010 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Removed unnecessary quote. Ms_Mod

Closed Thread