It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2010, 12:37 PM   #1
(female)

hollygirl33 HB User
anyone ever take provigil? how will affect my anxiety?

I suffer with GAD but also with Chronic Fatigue doc wants to give me Provigil, Has anyone taken it ? Please let me know how you did or are doing on it. Thanks

Old 04-21-2010, 07:28 PM   #2
(female)

nancyjo HB User
Re: anyone ever take provigil? how will affect my anxiety?

I tried the newer version, Nuvigil (not available in generic, whereas Provigil is). I am extremely sensitive to meds and had to cut the lowest dosage in half; that seems to work OK.

Keep in mind, however, that most insurance companies will not cover it without a diagnosis of "sleep apnea" or "narcolepsy", as determined by night time and day time sleep studies. I tested negative for sleep apnea, but will have the daytime narcolepsy test this summer. For now, we are hoping that correcting severe vitamin c and d deficiencies will help with the fatigue.

It might be worth a visit to a good endocrinologist to get further lab work done; I was shocked to find that not only am I pre-diabetic (which I took immediate control over w/diet and exercise - no shots for me!), have scurvy (yes, in this day and age), and have virtually no vitamin d in my blood. Fabulously interesting things those endos can come up with!

Cheers darling,
nancyjo

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-22-2010, 05:53 AM   #3
(female)

hollygirl33 HB User

Thank you for your reply..I am going to a Endo for some more work up. My regular doc has given me all kinds of test and so far I'm good except a little low on vit D.

Old 04-24-2010, 06:17 PM   #4
(male)

ken7471 HB User

take half ... it may be enough..... but when you feel better your anxiety may actually get better

Remember, anxiety is ABOUT something... it has a root which has to include your future with a disability

Treat the cause... the disability... Provigil is the ONLY thing that has really helped me. I have herd a few people say they were a little jittery when they started so I would start with the half tablet.

ALL of them were over the jitteries within a week and that was without cutting back.
Its worth getting used to

Old 06-03-2010, 08:46 PM   #5
(male)

lal99 HB User

Just registered on 'healthboards' and saw your question. I used provigil regularly last year until I collapsed and my doctor blamed provigil saying it is especially dangerous for the elderly, though it was prescribed for me by my previous PCP for excessive daytime sleepiness. I now only use it rarely.

Closed Thread